2 week B2B on Grand in 10 days -few questions

Miss JAD

Hi everyone, we are just 10 days away from our 2 week vacation on the Grand. Trying to remember to pack certain things. I just have a few questions:

Do you know what nights the formal nights will be on? Day 2&3 are at sea,as are days 6,9, and 13. There are (4) formal nights.

Do they still serve steak and lobster on formal nights?

Any recent Grand Patters out there that someone would like to share?

Does anyone remember seeing any good spa deals/packages as the cruise goes on. Waiting to book some spa appointments on board.

Thanks for your help.

Jenn

The formal nights on the So Caribbean week (to Aruba and Curacao) were nights two and six.

Lobster Tail was served on the second formal night, grilled but not overcooked, very tasty. (Beef Wellington also on the menu that night, but all six at my table had the lobster).

First formal night I had an excellent steak; my companion, though, said the leg of lamb was not good at all.

"Surf and Turf" was on night three; first time I saw it not on a formal night on Princess. Here's why: cut of meat inferior to previous nights steak, tasted like it was baked in an over rather than grilled. Along side were three plain boiled shrimp drizzled with a little butter.

Sorry I don't have a working scanner at the moment, so can't share the Patters. Any other questions, fire away. There are lots of other recent threads discussing the Grand as well (enough that I haven't gotten around to writing my own review yet ;))

ADDENDUM: Only Spa special mentioned in the Patter are 75 min full body massage $139 while in port at Aruba and Curacao, and teeth whitening reduced to $149/$259 for a couple on the last day (Princess Cays).

We are just off the Grand. Our eastern itinerary had two full sea days, second and next to last, that were formal nights.

The spa offered a variety of specials throughout the week but I did not pay close attention as I do not patronize spas onboard ships as a rule.

Sorry, we do not save Patters and did not dine in the MDR but twice, neither on a formal night.

We got off last Saturday, for both weeks the formal nights were Sunday and Thursday. Ive got a fair few Patters in the suitcase, what were you after?

Just curious as to what to look forward to. I don't want you to go through a lot of effort to scan. Just getting excited and I am one of those people that try to plan everything :)

Thanks for letting me know when the formal nights were.

We are currently on the Grand. There are over 800 passengers doing both the Christmas and New Year sailings. Lots of kids but they have been very well behaved. The patters from past sailing will not help a lot for entertainment as they do change most shows - even the production shows have not all been repeated as often is the case. Other entertainment and times will vary also. The weather has been great but the second sea day approaching Aruba had 8 foot swells for several hours.

The Captain Circle party will be Thursday.

We found the kids that got on the second week were unruly and did as they pleased. The adult pools were a free for all, you couldnt get a hottubfor love or money. The first week was fine, within hours of the hoards of kids getting on board we had our Xmas decorations stolen from our door, I reported it to reception and they shrugged their shoulders and 'there are a lot of chlidren on board'. We were less than happy.

Archived