Upgrade Fairy!

OhioGirl

I don't think NCL links your cruise critic user name with reservation. So asking here won't help. How about trying to call them?

Additionally you are on one of the busiest cruises of the entire year.

Good luck and I hope you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to beg..but would love if the Upgrade/Upsell dept would call us for our April 13th cruise on the Dawn!

June 19th, 2013, 03:40 PM

OhioGirl

Cool Cruiser

We sailed on the NCL Jade out of Barcelona..we booked a mini-suite and two days before our cruise we got a phone call to upgrade to a penthouse suite..for just 200.00 more total...of course we jumped all over it! It was great, and I was spoiled! So again, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope the upgrade/upsell fairy calls us for our Alaska cruise on the Jewel!

The fairy all-ready granted your wish once . Don't you feel guilty asking again ??

June 19th, 2013, 03:40 PM

OhioGirl

Cool Cruiser

We sailed on the NCL Jade out of Barcelona..we booked a mini-suite and two days before our cruise we got a phone call to upgrade to a penthouse suite..for just 200.00 more total...of course we jumped all over it! It was great, and I was spoiled! So again, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope the upgrade/upsell fairy calls us for our Alaska cruise on the Jewel!

The fairy all-ready granted your wish once . Don't you feel guilty asking again ??

Through a travel agent or direct to cruise line ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They may offer you an upsell option but not a free upgrade to a minisuite or above.

When we sailed on the Epic, we has a BX guarantee and we were assigned to a MC. It was absolutely a free upgrade. Free upgrades to minisuites do happen from balcony guarantees. Is it unlikely? Probably, but definitely not unheard of or impossible.

This is suppose to be a fun place to look up information and have a good time...I don't expect to have anyone from NCL to really look at this and grant us a phone call! I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful for our previous luck on the Jade...You can bet I won't post anything on this sight again!

I don't expect to have anyone from NCL to really look at this and grant us a phone call!

The why are you repeatedly posting about this and even started the last post with "Hate to beg"? To me it really seems like you really do hope that somebody from NCL would read your posts and give in to your begging. :confused:

Also I can't see anything fun, informative or having a good time in begging here for anything.

This is suppose to be a fun place to look up information and have a good time...I don't expect to have anyone from NCL to really look at this and grant us a phone call! I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful for our previous luck on the Jade...You can bet I won't post anything on this sight again!
Sheila, try not to be intimidated by posts like the two above. You started a fun thread, and it is now full of interesting posts from others who have received upsells.

And you shouldn't feel guilty about wanting more upsells either. I sure would like another, and we've had more than one. We used a TA for our very first NCL cruise and went from a minisuite to a forward penthouse suite. Since then we've booked with a PCC.

My impression, from reading threads on upsells (and from personal experience), is that booking direct, booking early and booking aft minisuites will give you the best chance for an upsell. But we'll never know for sure. :D

Edited by Cruise_More_Often