Cabana with toddler

lingram001

We will be taking our first cruise in May 2013 and will be stopping at Half Moon Cay. My son will be 18 months at that time and we will be on the beach all day. Would it be wise to get a Cabana during our beach day? Or are there other methods that we should use instead?

Thanks for the help!

I think a cabana would be great, you can keep him out of the hot Bahama sun, you can lay with him on the cabana deck in one of the super comfy loungers. I say for sure yes. You wouldn't regret it. We had # 14 in Nov, and it was like we had the whole island to ourselves. The tender back to the ship is awful though.

We did HMC when my son was 2 and did not do a cabana. For us personally it wouldn't have been worth the money as he wanted to play in the ocean and at the beach the whole time. We went over early and then rendered back before the lines got long. He took as late nap once we were back onboard. Also we walked down the beach awasy from the crowds and there was plenty of shade with chairs.

depends on the child.

no way would our grand daughter stay in the cabana when we took her for her cruise when she was 18 months. she loved the water-- and would stay there.

she is still the same way today. VERY high SPF sunblock is a must-- a hat too

Archived