Luxury Hotel in Barcelona

My husband and I are going on a honeymoon cruise to the med. and need a hotel pre-cruise in Barcelona. We like modern luxury hotels w/ great amenities. We are willing to pay extra.

I am not interested in the Hotel Arts. I heard it had old furnishings and no modern amenities...like pay per view movies and wireless internet.

Can anyone recommend a hotel?

Much appreciated!

Susan

At the risk of starting World War III, I'm going to offer my opinion and advice.

I think you are missing the point in your search for a Barcelona hotel. What you are looking for is an American-style hotel—what you'd find in Las Vegas, Chicago, Los Angelos, or New York City.

You're going to Europe! Hopefully to see and learn about life from a different angle. Why not start with a European-style hotel?

Barcelona is an absolutely beautiful city with a wonderful ambiance. I cannot imagine strolling through the streets by day and returning to an American-style hotel at night. Europe is not a theme park from which you return to your Disney World Resort Hotel.

Take this opportunity to add to your experiences.

susan.

I agree with the above poster re hotels in Europe..they are not US luxury hotels as you would think of them.What really surprises me is your take on the Hotel Arts.Unless it has become a dump in the past few years I would have suggested that hotel above other's.Maybe someone else can suggest a luxury hotel better than the Arts. Good luck.

We stayed at the Hotel Ritz a few years back. Breakfast included. Great location....Try a few searches--we got a great price....Blue and gold throughout--but they have since renovated. Good luck...Old world charm.

Our tablemates stayed at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel, and said it was great. Quite expensive, but very plush. It is right at the cruiseport, so you can see the ships from your window. TripAdvisor has reviews here.

Happy Honeymoon!

Lisa

Have to agree with Cberge above.. if the Arts has changed in the past year.. I must be blind and so must be many others, who consider it the best hotel in Barcelona.. We have stayed there 3 times and it is a wonderful hotel.

Have also stayed at the Ritz , which is the opitomy of European flavor.. so you probably would hate it,.

Your other bet would be the Grand as mentioned above.

good luck.

We are staying pre and post cruise at the Hotel Majestic. We read some good reviews on it .

We will be at the Hotel Majestic for two nights pre cruise on 7/14 and 7/15. My wife's company has an office there and that is where she used to stay before the office relocated. She says it is her favorite of the half dozen she has been put at.

My husband and I are going on a honeymoon cruise to the med. and need a hotel pre-cruise in Barcelona. We like modern luxury hotels w/ great amenities. We are willing to pay extra.

I am not interested in the Hotel Arts. I heard it had old furnishings and no modern amenities...like pay per view movies and wireless internet.

Can anyone recommend a hotel?

Much appreciated!

Susan

Hi Susan,

I don't know how luxurious this hotel will be, but Hilton is opening a new hotel this month. It's named the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barecelona.

Has anyone heard anything about this hotel?

This is what I found out about Hotel Arts:

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifHotel Arts has 482 luxurious rooms with panoramic views of both the city and sea. There are 365 deluxe rooms with king or twin beds,44 Executive Suites,32 Deluxe rooms on The Club and 12 Executive Suites on The Club, 27 duplex luxury Apartments with one, two or three bedrooms. All guest rooms have marble bathrooms, mini-bar and high speed internet connection, television and dvd/cd.

Deluxe Rooms

• Located throughout the tower, spacious twin or king bedded rooms
  • Stunning contemporary interiors
  • High speed internet, light and window control panels, safety deposit box
  • Large windows with panoramic views either over the city or the Mediterranean

Club Level Deluxe Room

• Located on 30,31,32 and 33rd floors
  • Stunning contemporary interior design
  • Hogh speed internet, light and window control panels, safety deposit box
  • Large windows with panoramic views over the city or the Mediterranean
  • Japanese Suite
  • Located on the 30th floor on the sea view façade
  • Contemporary interior design of Japanese inspiration
  • Composed of a lounge area with built in bar area, dining room, large marble bathroom and king bedroom

Mari

Take a look at the Hotel Gran La Florida - it's at the top of Mount Tibadabo. Gorgeous views and seems to be pretty updated! We're staying there post cruise in late June - I'll give feedback afterwards. Not sure that meets your timeframe!

I just stayed at the Hotel Arts prior to my Millie cruise in mid may. It was INCEDIBLE, we were also on our honeymoon and the service and amenities were amazing.

The location is not as great as being in the Ramblas, but the hotel is worth it, and the cab ride is about 10 minutes.

Our rate was 335 Euros per night, buffet breakfast included (great breakfast, they even had Moet & Chandon!!).

I´m sure this will be your best bet, we LOVED this hotel, you won´t be dissapointed.

The Hotel Arts sound like a perfect pre cruise hotel to celebrate a 25th Anniversary. I'm hoping to stay there next May. It's only one night, so a few extra euros seems worth it.

We've stayed twice at Le Meridien and are staying there again this Nov. before our transatlantic.

When we were there in 2003, they were redoing the rooms. They should be finished by now or close to it. The location is ideal, right on Las Ramblas, a two blocks from the tourist bus and trains, two blocks from the Gothic quarter and the old cathedral, two blocks from the open air market.

Last October, we did two days post-cruise in Barcelona and stayed at the Hotel Colon. It is just off the Ramblas and overlooks the cathedral (not the Sagrada Familia, but the Cathedral of Barcelona). I would not call it luxury, but it was very nice and I paid extra to get a small suite overlooking the plaza. It was very nice.

By the way, I'm with you on wanting the American-style amenities. I love Europe (except for their politics) but sometimes I like to end a hectic day by crashing in a user-friendly atmosphere. And let's remember that I am the user. There is a reason American hotels have evolved into what they are - that's what Americans want.

Scott

Susan,

Last year we stayed at the Majestic for 2 nights pre cruise and it was superb. We tried again for this year and couldn't get it for our dates so booked into the AC Diplomatic on recomendations from friends on the cruise who stayed there last year (free mini bar). Now the Majestic has come free again, and we don't know what to do!!

Archived