New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I really did no think this would work but gave it a try. I contacted our TA about our fully paid 12 night Baltic cruise in July. The listed price now is about $800 per person more than what we paid on a flash deal. Just heard from him and was shocked to learn that Celebrity honored the promotion without rebooking. We even got to keep the original $75 OBC on top of everything else. So excited about the drink package! I guess the moral is that it does not hurt to ask.

If you want to take advantage of this promotion and you're past final payment, move on it. For friends sailing with us on upcoming cruise it was worth their while to pay the difference between current fare and what they originally paid. Unfortunately, they waited too long to make a move it and by the time they decided they'd go ahead with it, their category was sold out. So didn't work out for them.

That's easier said than done. Celebrity is allowing some people past the final payment date to add the promotion and firmly saying no to others in the same situation. That's the issue.

And to clarify, the 'final payment date' Celebrity is referring to is the final payment date for your particular cruise (usually 6-8 weeks before sailing) not that you have paid in full. So, by example, cruises in February 2013 are now past the final payment date.

That's easier said than done. Celebrity is allowing some people past the final payment date to add the promotion and firmly saying no to others in the same situation. That's the issue.

And to clarify, the 'final payment date' Celebrity is referring to is the final payment date for your particular cruise (usually 6-8 weeks before sailing) not that you have paid in full. So, by example, cruises in February 2013 are now past the final payment date.

Sorry, I was just pointing out that all of us are past final payment date and have therefore paid in full. Our TA/Celebrity was willing to let three people, from whom it was advantageous, pay the difference between what they originally paid for their cabin and what the current price was and they would then be able to get the promotion (drinks package). Unfortunately, they waited 24 hours too long and by the time they decided to take advantage of this, their cabin category was sold out. The next cabin category was too far a spread in money to make it worthwhile. So they snoozed, they loozed ...

Agreed there seems to be inconsistency on how this is applied. From the post a few above the person said their room had gone up by $800 but they were able to apply the sale and got the beverage package without rebooking and paying the increased price. Celebrity wouldn't do that for us. We are before final payment but our room had gone up by $1200, so we had to downgrade in order to take advantage of the sale and not pay more for the room! Oh well, I'm still really happy we did it, saved $600 on the room by downgrading and $1400 on the beverage package (we had already bought the premium for $1700 ish, so that is refunded and we have to pay $322 for the upgrade back to premium).

Anyone who was successful in getting the drink promotion added to their reservation know how long it takes to show up? I called our online TA this morning who called Celebrity and said it had been added (no change in the fare for our cabin), however I don't see it on My Celebrity yet. Thanks!

Anyone who was successful in getting the drink promotion added to their reservation know how long it takes to show up? I called our online TA this morning who called Celebrity and said it had been added (no change in the fare for our cabin), however I don't see it on My Celebrity yet. Thanks!

Have read 7-10 days!! They are pretty busy updating!! Our TA got ours changed 2 days ago, still not showing on celebrity website

We were told 10-14 days but with the amount of people taking advantage of this promotion, it may take longer.

I had booked with celebrity when they had the 200$ discount when you bought the double up card. Then they gave this offer i called requested the drinks package they rasied my price 200$ but gave me the drinks, i then called a TA and asked about OB offer they stated i could have 100$ and gave me the info to request a transfer of my account from celebrity to the TA so i can get both. :) the drink package is so worth it on my last cruise i had premium when it was on sale for 376$ and i had 96 drinks on my final print out, and my frist day was not on it due to card problems at 7.38$ for pina colada your looking at 738$ thou i was drink rye and coke at 9$ and baylies, so i over 900$ for sure.

We just booked a march 2014 cruise under the 1,2,3 Go promo...chose the free classic beverage packages. I tried to just upgrade my husbands to the premium, but was told that both people in the cabin had to have the same level of package (both classic or both premium). So, I went ahead and upgraded both. I called back to get a different agent and was told the same thing. Anyone else had this experience?

Hi Jennerlizzy, was your booking past the final payment date when you successfully got the 1-2-3 offer added? If yes, did you do or say anything special to convince Celebrity to make the change? Who did you deal with? Thanks!!

We were told anywhere from immediately to 6 weeks! We upgraded on Monady and are not able to see it yet.

I also tried to upgrade from classic to premium and was told both in the cabin had to upgrade. I just have decided to wait until we get onboard and let one of the bartenders upgrade just me. Seems the path of least resistance!

Edited by CaroleSS

We just booked a march 2014 cruise under the 1,2,3 Go promo...chose the free classic beverage packages. I tried to just upgrade my husbands to the premium, but was told that both people in the cabin had to have the same level of package (both classic or both premium). So, I went ahead and upgraded both. I called back to get a different agent and was told the same thing. Anyone else had this experience?

That is the rule.

We were told anywhere from immediately to 6 weeks! We upgraded on Monady and are not able to see it yet.

I also tried to upgrade from classic to premium and was told both in the cabin had to upgrade. I just have decided to wait until we get onboard and let one of the bartenders upgrade just me. Seems the path of least resistance!

Great idea to just have the bartender upgrade you...would it only be the $10/day still by doing it onboard?

I wonder if that would work though. We looked at upgrading onboard a while back and was told they will refund you the amount paid for the Classic and then charge you the price for the Premium...I'd worry that if I didn't actually pay anything for the classic, they'd be no refund. I'm sure somewhere earlier in this thread it was stated you can't do it onboard.

Hmmmmm, I thought others had suggested upgrading once onboard (where I got the idea from!)

I seriously doubt that the bartender will take the time to pull up my reservation, find how I got my classic package (if it is even annotated anywhere), go to the trouble of refunding my money (to my onboard account or my original payment method - credit card?), then making the new purchase for the premium plan.

They may, but I kinda figured they don't really care!

p.s., yes you'd just pay the extra $10/day + the 15% gratuity.

FYI, I just got off the phone with Celebrity and was told the following regarding upgrading the classic package to premium....

• If you booked through a TA you must upgrade through the TA (I had called them to upgrade and was told I have to request through TA that I booked with)
  • Upgrade requests must be made by 01/27/13
  • When I asked if I could wait to upgrade until I was on board I was told no I needed to make request before 01/27/13...

Both our TA and DW have made contact with Celebrity in the UK. Basically they would offer nothing and as we had already made the final payment we could not cancel and rebook easily. Told them we would immediately upgrade from Classic to Premium package but again no joy.

This weekend we were going to go and book another cruise with Celebrity for September this year, which would have been the 3rd Celebrity cruise in 12 months, but will now hold off until the last minute and consider all cruise lines.

Why book early is the question that will have to be considered in future especially when loyalty and being a regular customer would appear to mean nothing.

I am from the UK and I booked my cruise through the Celebrity UK web site. I wrote to Celebrity about this offer and they have replied to me. They accept that some cruisers from the UK are using US TAs to circumvent the rules, but there is nothing they can do about it. I didn't expect to get the package, but thought it was worth enquiring about, because if you don't ask, you don't get.

I did get a good rate on my Aqua class cabin when I booked at the beginning of December 2012 and the price has since gone up. In fact, the increase in price covers the cost of the classic drinks package, so all that glistens is not gold. I will continue to wait to book my drink package in the hope of an offer, but if one doesn't come along I will book it anyway. We like the freedom of knowing we can have what we like when we like and from our previous cruises know that we got value for money on the package.

Yes, it is annoying that the rules were changed after the initial offer, but I am going to go with the flow, because I don't want to spoil my holiday. Celebrity are an American based firm with a huge customer base in America and I would imagine that any business will cater for the majority of its customers, because that is their bread and butter.

Does anyone see the beverage package added to your MyCelebrity Booking details ? I've heard it may take until Feb 15th for the Beverage Package to show up. (I ve upgraded to the premium package and for two days there was an additional cost visible on my payment details (which were too high) but that has since two days also disappeared again.)

Probably just have to wait for the bookings to be updated, but a clear answer from Celebrity would be nice.

Sven

Does anyone see the beverage package added to your MyCelebrity Booking details ? I've heard it may take until Feb 15th for the Beverage Package to show up. (I ve upgraded to the premium package and for two days there was an additional cost visible on my payment details (which were too high) but that has since two days also disappeared again.)

Probably just have to wait for the bookings to be updated, but a clear answer from Celebrity would be nice.

Sven

Mine shows up on the updated invoice that I asked them to send me when I added the package, but isn't listed in the online booking details. You can ask them to send you an updated email confirmation and see if it shows up. You can then print that and bring it with you on the cruise. It's always good to have documentation in case there is any confusion when you check in.

FYI, I just got off the phone with Celebrity and was told the following regarding upgrading the classic package to premium....

• If you booked through a TA you must upgrade through the TA (I had called them to upgrade and was told I have to request through TA that I booked with)
  • Upgrade requests must be made by 01/27/13
  • When I asked if I could wait to upgrade until I was on board I was told no I needed to make request before 01/27/13...

Yep, thats what my TA said as well

Mine showed up the first night as the ability to upgrade the package with charging the difference. They've since removed that option and the only answer they gave me was that my TA had to now request the upgrade and send in the payment. The bottom line is they removed it because it was too easy and they had to find some way to make it complicated and cause the poor people working the sips to have to find out why some people say they purchased the premium and all that is showing is the classic.

My TA did say they told her it would take about 10 days for the system to update and she could then process the upgrade.

Sven

Hi Sven,

You will not see the package on the My Celebrity section of the website. It will eventually appear on your Booking Confirmation, which can be obtained from Celebrity, or your Travel Agent, if you used one.

As mentioned in several other posts, it may take a while before it will actually appear on the invoice. Our members have heard everything from a few days, to many weeks.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !