New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

They were from X, great deal for us, we will be paying the extra 11.50 to make it a premium package

Yes, I'm considering that as well, at least for me,maybe not the wife as she does not drink that much, if at all! I guess the only reason why I would consider it, would be for the specialty coffees. Tehn again I have $500 OBC from TA to spend onboard!! Too many decisions!!

4 of us (2 couples) are currently booked on the Eclipse Feb 9 - 23/2013 sailing (both of us are aqua class). We booked our cruise trhough a TA on Feb 23/12 and paid in full on Nov 21/12. How can we take advantage of this promotion?

I got an email overnight from my great TA -Lisa. (First name only with no agency should be Ok to mention I hope!)

She was able to upgrade us to the 123GO! Promo for our Feb 2014 cruise, but did say that Celebrity is nuts at the moment with all of us. She mentioned that she was on hold for 20 minutes, got cut off, then was on hold for another 30 minutes before the change went through. She cautioned me that we lost the early booking $200 from Capt's Club, but this gives us more!

We took the $300 OBC since that is the most flexible. It means we don't have to decide right now what we want, and is probably better for us.

I didn't bother to ask about the Feb 9 sailing on Reflection, it is fully paid for, we have our stockholder OBC already applied, and already purchased the beverage packages when they were on sale last June.

Counting the days!

4 of us (2 couples) are currently booked on the Eclipse Feb 9 - 23/2013 sailing (both of us are aqua class). We booked our cruise trhough a TA on Feb 23/12 and paid in full on Nov 21/12. How can we take advantage of this promotion?

Tell your TA about it--and get them to contact Celebrity! Thats what I did yesterday!

Hi Jj9999,

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Have your TA contact Celebrity and request the promotion. Keep in mind that if your cruise is currently higher, you must pay the prevailing rate, and you would lose any other Celebrity promotions you might have with your booking. Also, as you are past final payment, I'm not sure how flexible they are on accomodating.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi JJ999, I am on same sailing. I emailed my TA and she called me about an hour later and was able to get us the 2 classic drink packages added to our booking w/o and problems. I suggest you call your TA ASAP!!

Good luck!

Karen

Also, come over and join the Roll Call for our sailing!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1402837

Thanks for your replies. I have left a message for my TA (they previously advised that this was applicable for new bookings only). I will let you know what I hear back. If we have to pay the current prices for our cabin instead of what we paid back in Feb it probably won't be worth it.

My wife and I along with another couple were considering booking the Nov1 T/A on Reflection. When this promotion was announced it seemed like a no-brainer. According to the Celebrity website this cruise was considered European so we actually got to pick two. We contacted our ususal internet TA yesterday and she confirmed that in addition to the prepaid gratuities that they typically offered that we would get the 300OBC and the drink package.

When I called back today to pay my deposit I was informed that Celebrity was now saying the Rome-Miami T/A was not European and I could only pick one. Sure enough I checked the Celebrity website and all the T/A's were deleted from the European eligible cruises.

While still a good deal, I feel like Celebrity is using bait and switch. Whether it was an oversight on their part, as recently as Tuesday the transatlantics were eligible for 2 of the 3. Anyone else run into this? I believe they should honor their original eligibility.

We have a cruise set for the end of March 2013, which we just paid in full. Called this morning, and yes, we could apply the promotion to our cruise. Our cabin was the same price as when we originally booked, and we just lost $200 OBC. The X agent was very helpful- didn't have to go through canceling and re booking. She sent me a new invoice, which I just looked at, and it has the WAV1 (beverage pkg) applied to our reservation at $0.00 for both of us. Our invoice still says paid in full. Even with the loss of the OBC, we are still ahead, since the value of the beverage pkg. is more than $900 for both of us for an 11 night cruise. Thanks, Celebrity!!

Has anyone been able to do this? We booked thru a TA and I do have a call in to her. I called Celebrity and was told that it is uncertain that my cruise would apply (Caribbean 2-11). We did make final payment. I was referred back to the TA…..Judith

Can this be applied to bookings already made and deposit paid.

Hi Snowyboy,

We've seen many UK folks stating the promotion is not available, but they are running other promotions. I recommend that you contact Celebrity UK for further assistance. I hope this helps !

Has anyone been able to do this? We booked thru a TA and I do have a call in to her. I called Celebrity and was told that it is uncertain that my cruise would apply (Caribbean 2-11). We did make final payment. I was referred back to the TA…..Judith

Hi Judith,

Generally, once you are past final payment, it's all up to Celebrity. However, we have seen a post where someone was past final payment and reportedly had success. The best advice I can offer, is have your TA call Celebrity (they are the only folks who can handle your booking), and have them ask. You have nothing to lose by trying :)

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Hi Andy.......

Here is the info:

Celebrity would be willing to make the necessary changes to apply the promotion to our fully paid cruise which is one month away. There would be an additional charge of $350pp. This is an 11 day cruise. I do not think that we could possibly drink enough to justify the $700 cost of making the change, so we are going to forgo the promotion for this cruise.

I am grateful that we were able to book the Pacific Coastal cruise and take advantage of the drink package then.

Judith

So much to digest!

So... we are already booked (via celebrity) for a 14 night transatlantic in December. Are they now saying that the promotion can be applied to EXISTING reservations??

Yes, as long as the sailing is listed on the promotion. However, you must pay the prevailing rate, and you would lose any other Celebrity promotions currently on your booking.

Hi Andy.......

Here is the info:

Celebrity would be willing to make the necessary changes to apply the promotion to our fully paid cruise which is one month away. There would be an additional charge of $350pp. This is an 11 day cruise. I do not think that we could possibly drink enough to justify the $700 cost of making the change, so we are going to forgo the promotion for this cruise.

I am grateful that we were able to book the Pacific Coastal cruise and take advantage of the drink package then.

Judith

Hi Judith,

Thanks for coming back and sharing with us. It's great to hear Celebrity was willing to adjust past final payment. Sorry to hear that it wasn't favorable for next month's cruise. As I'm sure you will agree, (and it's worth repeating)... it's all about doing the math, and seeing what works best in each situation.

At any rate, I wish you a wonderful Cruise ahead !

Edited by Host Andy

I contacted my TA regarding this promotion and she signed us up for Classic Drink Package. Prevailing rate for cabin went up $20/person, and we had no other promotions or OBC, so the math could not be beat: $44 x 2 x 5 nights = $440 - $40 = $400 benefit!

Looking forward to our first Celebrity experience.

Greg.

Has anyone tried to book back to back sailings & were you able to apply the special to both bookings?

Hi Rich,

We havent seen any reports of this yet - and yes, I've read every post on this thread :) .... but I suspect that at long as both sailings are on the list, it shouldnt be a problem. If you book B2B, please let us know what you learn. I hope this helps !

Yes, as long as the sailing is listed on the promotion. However, you must pay the prevailing rate, and you would lose any other Celebrity promotions currently on your booking.

Our December 1, 2013 Transatlantic on the Silhouette was eligible for the 1,2,3,Go Promotion. We were able to get the Drink Package and Prepaid Gratuities. At the same time we upgraded to Aqua Class from a Veranda Cabin and paid the prevailing rate, we also turned back a small OBC. For us the package is a great deal, but as mentioned, do the math to make sure you are getting a benefit from the package.

Our December 1, 2013 Transatlantic on the Silhouette was eligible for the 1,2,3,Go Promotion. We were able to get the Drink Package and Prepaid Gratuities. At the same time we upgraded to Aqua Class from a Veranda Cabin and paid the prevailing rate, we also turned back a small OBC. For us the package is a great deal, but as mentioned, do the math to make sure you are getting a benefit from the package.

Did you book through Celebrity or a travel agent? When I called Celebrity for the November 2013 Transatlantic they said it was not eligle for two of the three offers ... only one of the 3.

I was also told that I could only receive 1 of the benefits on a Nov 1 2013 transatlantic. This is from our TA earlier today who was on the phone with Celebrity. I suspect that Celebrity removed the transatlantics from the European category sometime this week after the promotion started.

As I mentioned earlier, the transatlantics are no longer listed as a European itinerary on the special website. They were earlier this week.

Has anyone tried to book back to back sailings & were you able to apply the special to both bookings?

booked B2b Aussie to Hawaii 17 days and then Hawaii to Mexico 10 days, X would only give me the package on the 10 day leg.

Something to do about being from New Zealand, TA is currently on the case. But a TA company in the US will give me the 17 day package and $100 OBC, so we will see what happens.