Cabin Question - travelling with teens

We are planning (another) cruise to Alaska courtesy again of my mom :). She would like my 2 teens (14 and 16) to each bring a friend. What is the best way to do the cabins? We would like to be in balcony rooms. I know NCL has rules about ages of kids in cabins on their own. Ideally what we would like to do would be to put the 4 kids in 2 connecting balcony rooms with us next door. Do you think we can do this. Alternately all I can think of is all the 4 kids in a cabin connected to us. Any other bright ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I think you can put your teens next door with no problem. In the past we have had to book an adult in each room but if course sleep where we wanted when we arrived. I saw somewhere that you can book them next door or across the hall with their names now. Call to be sure.

I always get my teen a room. Adults and teens need private time and space!

I have heard connecting rooms cost more. We have rules for meeting and walkie talkies so no need to connect rooms.

That does look like a good possibility. I didn't realize how relatively economical it would be. As for the layout....we would have 2 - 14yr old boys and 2 - 16yr old girls. How would that work for sleeping arrangements as it looks like you need to put 3 in that second bedroom. As well, does the master bedroom have a door that closes and locks or just a curtain. My DH and I like to have some privacy :eek:

I have heard connecting rooms cost more..

Not sure what you mean by this. Connecting rooms are the same price as any cabin in the category of the connecting room, whether it has a door between or not.

That does look like a good possibility. I didn't realize how relatively economical it would be. As for the layout....we would have 2 - 14yr old boys and 2 - 16yr old girls. How would that work for sleeping arrangements as it looks like you need to put 3 in that second bedroom. As well, does the master bedroom have a door that closes and locks or just a curtain. My DH and I like to have some privacy :eek:

Door does lock.

Additional sleeping on the living room couch.

Archived