Cruise Critic Regent FAQ page

JMARINER

To Host Dan,

Why not come up with a Regent FAQ sticky that deals with those repetitive questions about: Laundry, Internet, Electric Plug, Hair Dryers, Shampoo/soap, Liquor/Soda/Water, Coffee bar, All Inclusive tours, Transfers, Air Deviations, Room Service, Dining rooms times, etc, etc, etc.

There is a lot of good information on the board, but it is scattered all over the place. I'll bet some of the frequent posters here would help to get it organized. (Not ME)

J

To Host Dan,

Why not come up with a Regent FAQ sticky that deals with those repetitive questions about: Laundry, Internet, Electric Plug, Hair Dryers, Shampoo/soap, Liquor/Soda/Water, Coffee bar, All Inclusive tours, Transfers, Air Deviations, Room Service, Dining rooms times, etc, etc, etc.

There is a lot of good information on the board, but it is scattered all over the place. I'll bet some of the frequent posters here would help to get it organized. (Not ME)

J

I think it's a wonderful idea.

Not only will it compile all the FAQ in one place but will save gigabytes of bandwidth in the process.

However, it is risky to suggest something like this because it would make it difficult for the very frequent posters to increase their post counts to reach the next plateau. ;)

I think that having stickys for items that do not change (like plugs, laundry, etc.) could work to some extent. For items like internet costs, liquor lists, etc., there would have to be the ability to make changes as they occur.

Keep in mind that stickeys -- with even one subject -- will receive hundreds if not thousands of posts with questions over time and the questions will still be repetitive because not many members will want to read through multiple pages to see if the question has been asked previously (IMO, this would be similar to someone looking up the answer to their question by using the CC search engine vs. posting the question again). A subject such as "plugs" would need to answer the questions about voltage, type of plugs, how many of each type in each suite category and whether or not to recommend a power strip. Not sure you could get agreement on some answers amongst Regent posters.

One positive of being a frequent poster is that we have seen just about every type of question over the years and understand that everything does not have a simple answer.

P.S. I seriously doubt if anyone keeps track of post counts -- the only one I pay attention to is Keith1010 who has over 40,000 posts (just checked:-)

Archived