Thanksgiving on Summit

swh&cv

Does anyone know if Celebrity will do anything special for this holiday? Also, it's the only sea day. I'm making specialty restaurant reservations and didn't want to book anything if they do something special.

Thanks

When we were onboard for Thanksgiving in 2011, they had a lovely brunch in the MDR, but aside from having turkey as an option for dinner, I wouldn't say there was anything special about dinner. Dh and DD didn't even get the turkey.

Brunch is typically the last sea day of a 7 day cruise, so that might correspond with Thanksgiving depending on your itinerary.

Usually there isn't much different about Thanksgiving, other than the addition of turkey on the menu that evening in the MDR and at the buffet.

We've sailed on many Thanksgiving cruises and they always serve a turkey dinner with all the trimings. I never have the turkey, I can get turkey at home for $.69 lb. I always go for the prime rib.

J.

We've sailed on many Thanksgiving cruises and they always serve a turkey dinner with all the trimings. I never have the turkey, I can get turkey at home for $.69 lb. I always go for the prime rib.

J.

Yeah, baby. Go for the prime rib. :)

On Thanksgiving 2012 aboard Equinox, we skipped the MDR and opted for Ocean View. They served a spectacular herb-infused turkey. Hands-down best turkey I've ever had. It was funny watching the non-American crew, who were unfamiliar with the tradition.

Posted via Tapatalk 2 quite possibly while I'm on the john with my DROID DNA

We have spent two Thanksgiving holidays on Celebrity ships. On neither cruise was the Thanksgiving dinner in the MDR a "real" Thanksgiving holiday meal, but both times the meal had "elements" of a traditional Thanksgiving meal. For example, turkey was offered both times in the MDR for dinner, but one time there was no cranberry sauce (but dried cranberries were on a salad).

Archived