What Cruise Line, If Any, Include Alcohol Drinks?

Hi all,

Saaaay, which cruise line if any include your drinks (alcoholic) with the price? We did an all inclusive land vacation this year, it was totally wonderful, but we miss cruising......however we don't miss that huge bar bill at the end!

Thanks everyone!

Some of the very high end cruise lines include alcoholic beverages. I would love to go on one of those cruise lines, but most of them are 3 times the price of what we can afford to pay for a cruise. So, this is not a way to save any $$.

To be honest with you, we are such moderate drinkers, the high end lines wouldn't appeal to us for that reason, many other reasons perhaps, but not that.

Trixie,

Radisson and SilverSea cruiselines include alcoholic beverages/wine, soda's, bottled water, cappuccino's.

Also, I believe that most of the European barge cruises include all your wines.

Jane

The luxury lines of Seabourn and Silversea offer all drinks included, and Radisson includes wine with lunch and dinner, but you pay for drinks in the bars and lounges on Radisson. But for that, you will pay very high prices. For example, a 7 day Caribbean cruise on Seabourn will run you more than $2400 a person for their 200 passenger ships. And, if you like to party, Seabourn, or Silversea for that matter, are hardly party ships (not a whole lot going on at night on those small ships---usually only one or two bars and a small combo to dance to) and cater to a much older passenger, in the 65+ age range.

Hi all,

Saaaay, which cruise line if any include your drinks (alcoholic) with the price? We did an all inclusive land vacation this year, it was totally wonderful, but we miss cruising......however we don't miss that huge bar bill at the end!

Thanks everyone!

We went on a Costa Cruise to the Caribbean in January which we booked through http://www.perillotours.com . The package included lots of extras including all the wine you could drink at dinner.

They also included a tour, a dinner at a specialty restaurant, a photo, a shirt for each of us, a bottle of asti spumonti in our room and other stuff. We had a balcony cabin, the ship was wonderful, and the price was good.

Here Kitty Kitty,

Being a frequent Seabourn sailor and only 42 I don't fit that age demographic.

Seabourn is all-inclusive including alcohol and a stocked wetbar in your suite. Yes they are all outside suites with marble bathrooms including full size tubs. Walk-in closets, course by course in-suite dining from the restaurant menu. gourmet dining and some of the best service on the seas. There is entertainment on Seabourn. It is low key. Piano bar, a cabaret show, and small dance floor. Unless it happens to be the night under stars and then there is a larger dance floor and a high energy show all on deck.

Did I mention that your tips are also included and no signing for every item you order from the bar or suite service or the fabulous waiters on deck. Champagne and caviar are plentiful and always available. If you happen to book a Seabourn cruise that has a discount on it you will be very surprised how much of a value the all-inclusive concept can be if you are a moderate drinker. It is very close to the price of sailing on a mainstream line.

Just my opinion.

mcboo:) :) :)

Bottom line is this:

Shell out the big bucks for Seabourn or Silversea and you will get all-inclusive services beyond your wildest dreams.

....but it wouldn't likely be a money saver over a mainsteam line and paying for your drinks unless you are a really heavy drinker.

(In which case you probably wouldn't fit in that well with Seabourn or silversea anyway I would guess. But who knows. Those ships may be full of wealthy drunks for all I know.)

Hi all,

Thanks everyone!

Try some of the luxury lines Seabourn or Crystal. With one you get a mini bar and wine with lunch and dinner. Pop is included and sometimes there is an excursion.

Trixie,

Radisson and SilverSea cruiselines include alcoholic beverages/wine, soda's, bottled water, cappuccino's.

Also, I believe that most of the European barge cruises include all your wines.

Jane

I have sailed RSSC twice and only wines at lunch at dinner were included, and they are from a select - and quite good - list.

mcboo, I've done 5 Seabourn cruises, my first at age 44, and I was by far the youngest one on board with the majority of my fellow cruisers being well over 65. But, Seabourn is by far the best of any of the luxury lines. I feel it far exceeds Silversea in every way.

Hi Kitty,

Glad to hear that you are a seasoned Seabourn sailor also. As we can never guarantee who our fellow guest are going to be and what age demographic they will fall into. Most of the sailings I have been on lately have had a younger clientele on board. I don't know if it is a change in Seabourn marketing or what.

As you can see from Matt there are definately younger sailors on board as of late. The one thing that most of us can agree on is that Seabourn is tops in service.

Dan and Miguel,

You will have a great time on Seabourn. It is a very down to earth crowd.

Started sailing Seabourn in December 2001 and have never looked back.

It is truly a great experience.

Hope to see you on board.

CruisinMatt and mcboo,

Thanks for the answer about regular "guys" fitting in on Seabourn. Was just concerned as I had read a couple of posts that suggested if you were not a business owner or very well off money wise somehow you would not feel included on Seabourn or Silver Seas. The posts suggested that people who use those lines were really "stuffy" and tended to look down on others. Your 2 posts really seem to debunk that notion. That is why I asked about just regular guys fitting in. Well regular guys, but guess i should have added gay also(smile)..

I am starting to see as you two pointed out just how good a value of everything inculded is. We could run up a high martini bill on main stream cruise lines.!!!Again thanks for the reassurance. BTW do you 2 only cruise Seabourn or is that your favorite????

Dan and Miguel

Dan and Miguel,

Seabourn is so down to earth that you would not beleive it. No one cares how much money you make. If you brought it up they may look at you oddly because no one cares. We are all there to have a great time with our new and sometimes old friends. As far as being a gay couple that is not an issue either. Do not hesitate to have your suite configured with the queen sized bed. Of course as long as you prefer that to 2 twins. If you happen to arrive at your suite on day of embarkation and it is set up a 2 twins (this recently happened to Ollie and I) just mention to your stewardess and it will be changed in no time.

If fact our wonderful stewardess Andy on the Pride said "no problem gents go to the sky bar have a cocktail and it will be ready when you get back".

Hope to see the two of you on a Seabourn sailing soon.

P.S. Have sailed many lines. It depends who we are traveling with.

For example if with are taking Ollie's grandchildren on a cruise we prefer Carnival (really had a great time) or RCCL.

When it is just the two of us or our friends Sharon and Paul or James and Stuart( a lovely British couple) we prefer Seabourn.

mcboo again

:)

Yes Ollie has grandchildren he is 75. I am a spring chicken of 42 and he can run circles around me.

Dan and Miguel - Nobody is concerned with what you do or how much money you have on Seabourn. A a matter of fact I was on a 15 night cruise on NCL and encountered a huge amount of stuffy, snobby people, but on Seabourn - none.

Dan and Miguel, I've been on Seabourn cruises with the mega rich and folks who worked very hard and saved for a long time to cruise on Seabourn. It's not like the old days of cruising where there were separate classes and the first class passengers didn't mix with steerage. Just about everyone is friendly and welcoming regardless of the size of your investment portfolio.

Archived