Brilliance May 14 cruise cancelled

H2Oregon

The May 14, 2013 Baltic cruise has been cancelled.

Getting information from Royal Caribbean about this cruise was like pulling teeth. I noticed this weekend that the cruise showed N/A for all cabins. This seemed strange to me since there were plenty of cabin available the day before. Next the cruise disappeared all together from the RCI web site. Not on the cruise calendar, no listing in any of the searches. Checked reservation on web site and it showed an error (not unusual on RCI web site). Checked later and site said that I had no active reservations.

Called RCCL and was told reservation was fine and no problems. Others on Roll Call were told an assortment of different things as to why cruise was missing and reservations were gone.

Called TA and had them check with RCCL. Initially they were told the same thing that the reservation was fine and there were not problems. TA pressed the RCCL rep and said that she was unable to find the cruise on booking sites that she uses. RCCL rep said that she would check further. After almost 30 minutes, TA came back and told me that the cruise is cancelled.

We all know that things happen and cruises sometimes have to be changed or cancelled, but there is a major communications failure at RCCL. It should not be up to the customer to hunt down an accurate and honest answer from the cruise line.

Archived