chilkoot tour prices for skagway

dustyroad

here is the 2013 prices of their tours. still a great price for a wonderful tour.

White Pass Summit Bus & Rail Excursion (lunch is not included with this excursion)

Duration: 3.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM & 12:00PM (Train first)

Departure: 8:30AM & 1:00PM (Bus first)

Cost: $123.00 Adult $73.00 Child (12 & Under)

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Fraser & return to Skagway

Yukon Bus & Rail Excursion (lunch included)

Duration: 7.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM (Depart Skagway by train)

Departure: 8:30AM (Depart Skagway by bus)

Cost: $176.00 Adult $116.00 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch Included: BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner roll, cake doughnuts, coffee, tea, water

Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum and Husky Puppy Camp also included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Fraser by train – 1 ¾ hours on train to Fraser, Fraser to Carcross & Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

Yukon Bus & Rail Excursion With 15 Minute Dogsled Ride (lunch included)

Duration: 7.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM (Depart Skagway by train)

Departure: 8:30AM (Depart Skagway by bus)

Cost: $208.00 Adult $148.00 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch Included: BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner roll, cake doughnuts, coffee, tea, water

Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum, Husky Puppy Camp and the 15-minute dogcart ride also included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Fraser by train – 1 ¾ hours on train to Fraser, Fraser to Carcross & Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

Bennett Scenic Journey (lunch included)

Duration: 8 Hours (May 29-August 30, 2013 Tues. thru Sat. only)

For the 2013 season the Carcross Rail & Bus Excursion operates as follows:

Northbound train on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays

Southbound train on Tuesdays and Fridays

Departure: 7:30AM for the Northbound train

Departure: 8:30AM for the Southbound train

Cost: $229.00 Adult $114.50 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch: Mulligan stew, homemade bread, coleslaw, apple pie. Lunch is at Lake Bennett Train Depot dining hall. Parks Canada Interpretive Displays and self-guided walking tour also included

Itinerary: 2 ¾ hours on train to White Pass Summit, Fraser & Lake Bennett – 1 ¼ hours for lunch and layover at Lake Bennett– 1 ½ hour by train to Carcross – Carcross to Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

White Pass Summit Excursion (By bus only)

Duration: 2.5 Hours

Departure: 9:00AM

Cost: $46.00 Adult $35.00 Child (12 & Under)

Itinerary: Skagway to White Pass Summit with photo stops all along the way, fully narrated and entertaining, gold rush history with amusing Alaska stories

Discover The Yukon Adventure (By bus only)

Duration: 6.5 Hours

Departure: 8:30AM

Cost: $99.00 Adult $67.00 Child (12 & Under)

Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum and Husky Puppy Camp also included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Carcross/Emerald Lake and return to

Skagway by bus

Discover The Yukon Adventure With 15-Minute Dogsled Ride (By bus only)

Duration: 6.5 Hours

Departure: 8:30AM

Cost: $129.00 Adults $96.00 Child (12 & Under)

Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum, Husky Puppy Camp and the 15-minute dogcart ride also

included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Carcross/Emerald Lake and return to

Skagway by bus

Chilkoot Charters & Tours offers a full service package with all of its excursions. This means that all of the applicable components of the excursion are included in the already discounted excursion price as well as U.S. and Canadian sales taxes. Our passengers also enjoy the convenience of courtesy transportation to and from all cruise ship docks in Skagway. Lunch accommodations for the 6.5, 7.5 & 8 hour excursions, train tickets and ground transportation for all excursions have been prearranged for you so there is no waiting in line to purchase anything once you arrive in Skagway. Just meet us at the dock and we are ready to go!

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions.

Reservations may be made by visiting our web site at www.chilkootcharters.com and completing our online reservation form. Once we receive a reservation request, we will respond within 24-48 hours with an email confirmation that includes meeting and pickup instructions. Full tour payment will be processed at the time the reservation is confirmed.

Regards,

Stacy Gould

CHILKOOT CHARTERS & TOURS

Skagway, Alaska

On the Northbound train there is time after the train pulls in before we left in the van - you could indeed go and stamp your passport - it was a DIY operation on the sidewalk - there is also a place to get an ice cream cone for that afternoon snack :)

On the Bennett Scenic Journey your choice is made for you depending on the day of the week - Wed, Thur, and Sat you will take the train first - on Tue and Fri you will take the train back - the trip is not available on Sun or Mon.

As for the other trips that train only between Fraser and Skagway it really does not matter. Sometimes there are more animals to see in the afternoon vs the morning, sometimes there is more fog/clouds in the morning - it is really hard to predict. Last summer I rode the Bennett Scenic Journey while my DW took the PM Summit RT train - she saw both goats and a bear - I saw neither on the morning train.

On the Bennett Scenic Journey is there time in Carcross to go in the post office and get the passport stamp??

Yes, you will have enough time to get the passport stamped, have some ice cream and look around the general store. Actually, when we were there, they had the passport stamp out and you self-stamped your passport.

Edited by vbmom87

I am so glad I found this thread. I do believe this is the perfect solution to my desire to see the sites, ride a train and visit a dog sled camp and ride a sled, even if it's on wheels.

then this will be the perfect tour for you. remember, if you go up on the train set on the left side and if you come down the mt set on the right. you get the best veiwing that way. have a great time. :)

then this will be the perfect tour for you. remember, if you go up on the train set on the left side and if you come down the mt set on the right. you get the best veiwing that way. have a great time. :)

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to be booking this on Friday, pay day =)

For the "Discover the Yukon" there is an option to take rail one way and bus the other or you can have bus both ways. is thier an advantage to taking the train over the boss as the train costs more money?

Edited by enderwarrior

From Skagway to Summit you are on the opposite side of the canyon from the road - so you get a different view - you also get to hear the same history story from a slightly different point of view :D.

Looking at the prices is it with almost an extra 70$ pp to take the train? ( 2 people total of 140$)

For the "Discover the Yukon" there is an option to take rail one way and bus the other or you can have bus both ways. is thier an advantage to taking the train over the boss as the train costs more money?

sorry, i cant help you out on that one. i did the train up and bus (mini van ) down. you could call them and find out . :)

the train is a great way too slowly go up or down the mt. you can stand out on the platform and get some great veiws and photo shots because you are closer too the mt and old mine remains. . they have a narrator that tells you about things you pass. it is a fun thing too do. for me it was worth the extra money.

• 3 months later...

Only 3 more weeks until we get to experience this tour. I'm really excited about it =)

We booked the Yukon Rail & Bus Tour w/15 minute dog sled. Departing at 8:30 which I believe was bus up, train down. I can't wait!

Is there an age limit for the dog cart? Also is there a charge for under two? ( I have one year old twins.)

You need to contact them directly, but, frankly, this is a LONG tour, with NO way out. You would be far better off, just going on your own, with a rental car, perhaps.

I like the idea of the train but was confused by the train website. I could easily walk to the depot and take the bus back, but I thought the kids might like puppies. ( they love our pet.)

I think i am just getting more questions. Is the dog place not on the train route?

I like the idea of the train but was confused by the train website. I could easily walk to the depot and take the bus back, but I thought the kids might like puppies. ( they love our pet.)

I think i am just getting more questions. Is the dog place not on the train route?

The Caribou Crossing attraction with the dog cart rides is about 50 miles past Fraser, the end of the summit train.