Island Princess question

Sea Legs

• 11 months later...

Wife and I (60 - 63) were on Island this past October going to the PC.. We had no problem finding music and dancing, which we enjoyed, somewhere on the ship each evening. One reason I believe is the demographics of the passengers. At least 85% of the passengers were 50+! One thing we didn't find was a "Big Band" band. However, its' quite possible we just didn't find an evening or location with that music... as I said there are several options and nice locations throughout the ship each evening and when we found entertainers we really enjoyed we would ask them where and when they were playing next.

P.S. - The Island is a beautiful ship and most noticeable to us... it never seemed crowded, lots of space to passenger ratios! We've been on several of the "large cruise ships" and often felt like cattle in a stockyard. We liked the Island so well, we're taking her sister ship (Coral) to Alaska next summer.

The Island is a small ship and the music venues are less than on the bigger grand class ships. I could usually find music I could "dance" to but not all the time. I like music from the 70's, 80's and 90's and love to dance to it. As another poster stated the age group on the Island going through the canal was 60's and up with a few young'uns thrown in (50's) for good measure. There may be snow on top these days but I still like to shake my booty!