On Destiny- still still in port

VikeQn2

Destiny has propulsion problems, same story last week. They are trying to get work done on them in home port. They are getting close to the transatlantic trip and not having full speed would be bad.

Nice way to treat your paying passengers.

Destiny has propulsion problems, same story last week. They are trying to get work done on them in home port. They are getting close to the transatlantic trip and not having full speed would be bad.

Gee, by the time they got across the Atlantic, it would be time to turn around and come back!;)

Wow! Now we know why they left the sea day in front of Key West....In the "unlikely event" they encountered a delay in sailing, they would not miss the first port of call. I guess they really believe that we just fell off the turnip truck? It all makes sense now....

Nice way to treat your paying passengers.

You're right: on-time performance is much more important than maintenance and safety.

The Destiny is known for these kinds of things but much like any other form of transportation, it can happen at any time. The folks on the Destiny just didn't have good luck these past two sailings. Anyone who doesn't think Carnival is doing everything possible to get this cruise underway, doesn't understand this industry.

Hoping you all get out in good time and enjoy whatever shape your cruise takes!

Sincerely,

Someone who had a Destiny cruise cancelled because of an issue like this :o

While I do not blame Carnival and I am not angry with them, I will be sorely disappointed if our itinerary is changed. If I wanted to go to Key West or the Bahamas, there's a ton of other (better) ships I would have chosen. I would have been on a fun cruise still not cooking, cleaning or working. But I purposely picked Destiny for these stops. I understand it is a risk of cruising, but that doesn't mean I cannot be unhappy about it.

This being said, if our itinerary is changed and we are offered a refund like the current cruise, we will strongly consider rebooking with another ship. I do not appreciate people telling me what I am allowed to be disappointed. I will have a good vacation regardless of what happens, doing what I CHOSE to do on my vacation.

While I do not blame Carnival and I am not angry with them, I will be sorely disappointed if our itinerary is changed. If I wanted to go to Key West or the Bahamas, there's a ton of other (better) ships I would have chosen. I would have been on a fun cruise still not cooking, cleaning or working. But I purposely picked Destiny for these stops. I understand it is a risk of cruising, but that doesn't mean I cannot be unhappy about it.

This being said, if our itinerary is changed and we are offered a refund like the current cruise, we will strongly consider rebooking with another ship. I do not appreciate people telling me what I am allowed to be disappointed. I will have a good vacation regardless of what happens, doing what I CHOSE to do on my vacation.

Amen sister.

I totally agree with you. If I wanted to go to the bahamas or Key west I could have booked a different ship that did this route. the whole purpose was jamaica and grand cayman for me and the family. I will probably cancel if this is the case and take the family to other places instead. sadly I have been wanting to do a cruise for more than 15 yrs now..

When I plan a cruise I book for ports and second the ship. Been on the Destiny twice when it first came out great ship then. But now been seeing years of the same problems looks like a Band-Aid don’t fix the problem. Maybe tonight’s delay was waiting for last minute cruisers buying cheap cabins that people canceled. A drydock is coming up fix it a paint job won't work. Good luck Sunshine you’re going to need it. It will always be the DESTINY!

Archived