Non elegant night MDR

YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

We all know that Elegant night in the main dining room has been thoroughly discussed. However I have never been on a cruise.

Is the acceptable attire on the "regular" nights just your typical vacation attire? Khaki shorts, leather flops, Polo shirt, etc?

My usual vacation wardrobe (or regular "go out" wardrobe) involves AF t shirts, leather flops, khaki shorts, button up shirts, polo shirts, etc.

What'dya say?

We all know that Elegant night in the main dining room has been thoroughly discussed. However I have never been on a cruise.

Is the acceptable attire on the "regular" nights just your typical vacation attire? Khaki shorts, leather flops, Polo shirt, etc?

My usual vacation wardrobe (or regular "go out" wardrobe) involves AF t shirts, leather flops, khaki shorts, button up shirts, polo shirts, etc.

What'dya say?

From Carnival.com:

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=wear

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

From Carnival.com:

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=wear

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

The "not permitted" list says no shorts, but just above that says "dress shorts (long)" are allowed. Sort of confusing, but Im not getting too worked up over it, just curious

The "not permitted" list says no shorts, but just above that says "dress shorts (long)" are allowed. Sort of confusing, but Im not getting too worked up over it, just curious

We too do jeans or dress pants - with collared shirts for DH and nicer tops or sweaters for me. ;)

I read that as no shorts for casual night "dinner" - dress shorts are allowed all other times of day.

I don't know...newbie here.

My husband has always worn cargo shorts (they aren't dress shorts, but they aren't sloppy or cut off's either) or he has a couple pair of casual type shorts that he'll wear to dinner, and is always in a golf/polo shirt. I wear shorts, skort or capri's to dinner (depending on my mood).

Archived