Getting ready to start packing- What should I bring?

cruisenguy2

We are going on RCI Explorer OS in just over 3 weeks and need a little packing advice. We have cruised before with out kids, but never with them.

Our son is 3.5 and our daughter is going to be just over 6m. Aside from clothes, sunblock and stroller what do we need? I know we need a few PnP sheets for the provided crib and some laundry detergent.

What should we pack that we might not think of?

I never cruised with a child that small but have seen parents trying to buy diapers and children's Tylenol in the gift shop without success - I would recommend making sure you have plenty of diapers, wipes, baby formula, and any meds you may need. I think they may of had some diapers but not the size the people needed

We are in the same boat (literally).... Some things we are bringing:

Blow up tub (for bathing baby & for use as a little splash pool on deck)

Powder pedialyte (just in case)

We found a small bottle drying rack at Babies R Us that folds so we can have a bottle station in the room & not have to lay out towels

Baby life vest (we have one so we are bringing it)

Swim Diaper

A blanket to play out on the balcony or deck

Clothes pins (to put up a barrier next to the crib if needed & to also attach a blanket to cover the stroller if baby is sleeping in it & we are out & about)

GLOW WORM (we don't travel without it. If your baby has a snuggly - don't leave it behind!)

Night Light

Ziplock bags

We are bringing our Tablet to watch movies on in case we are stuck in the room

Hope this helps!

Benadryl. I'm a big proponent of Benadryl.

It's valuable for allergic reactions, it can work as an anti-emetic (sea sickness), it uses to be used to control coughs... And a pediatrician can tell you an appropriate dose for an infant based on a milligram per kilogram basis.

Everything else mentioned are good ideas.

We have an elasticized sun cover for our stroller that is handy for blocking out sun and for making the stroller more private for naps. That would be helpful!

You may pick up some new toys/activities for your 3.5yr old to hold his attention--I always get this tip for air travel and think it works just as well for restaurants!

Sound machine if you use that at home. I'd never travel without ours!

Archived