Pre-Ordering Buckets of Beer

tammi0916

Hello all!

First NCL cruise and I would like to have a couple of buckets of beer (or just beer on ice) for hubby when we get to our suite - can this be done in advance?

thanks so much for any info~

Tam

Easily accomplished by calling the Pre Cruise Concierge at 1-855-625-4283 for suite guests prior to your cruise.

Easily accomplished by calling the Pre Cruise Concierge at 1-855-625-4283 for suite guests prior to your cruise.

Awesome! I am really beginning to like NCL and I haven't even cruised yet. Love the idea of a pre-cruise concierge!! Gotta love the suite life (seems so much better than Carnivals!)

Thanks!!

Tam

The suite life on NCL does not even compare to CCL. Night and day difference. You get almost nothing with CCL and almost everything with NCL.

I am definitely seeing the light and getting more excites the more I find out about it! CCL suites are nice for the space but other than the priority boarding you get NOTHING!

Can't wait until July!

We got back from the Dawn January 13. I ordered a bucket of Bud Light for my husband from pre-concierge. It was waiting for him on ice. He was a happy man!

That is my plan!!! Do you remember how much is was and did you pay when you ordered?

Thanks!

That is my plan!!! Do you remember how much is was and did you pay when you ordered?

Thanks!

We ordered two buckets ( Sam Adams & Bud Light) precruise on the Dawn in December and paid $63.75 total. The butler had my DH sign the slip on board the first day.

My DH was not that excited about our upcoming PH until I told him that I could pre-order a bucket of beer to be waiting for him in the room....Now he is excited. I am looking forward to all of the perks - Heck I am just excited to go on a cruise!!!:D

Hi, are the 5 bottles of beer in the bucket of beer special all open or are some of them not open?

Thanks,

Marianne

There are 6 bottles in bucket (buy 5 get one free), and they are all opened, which my husband didn't like. He did ask our butler to get him a couple of buckets, and the butler was able to bring them all unopened.

Hi, are the 5 bottles of beer in the bucket of beer special all open or are some of them not open?

Thanks,

Marianne

There are 6 bottles in bucket (buy 5 get one free), and they are all opened, which my husband didn't like. He did ask our butler to get him a couple of buckets, and the butler was able to bring them all unopened.

None of the bottles were opened in the 2 buckets of beer that we pre-ordered from the pre-concierge on the Dawn in December. Usually when you buy a bucket of beer one will be opened and you will also receive a can opener (if you ordered beer without a twist top). I'm not sure what ship ksimpso3 was on but we have ordered buckets on the Dawn, Star, Gem & Jewel and have never had anyone try to open all 6 beers at one time.

HOWEVER - during the buy one get one happy hour, both bottles were opened on the Dawn which we did not appreciate. The first week on the Dawn in December we could buy one get one bucket but the 2nd week no buckets were included in the B1G1 happy hours and they opened everything they served.:mad:

too bad that sounded like a great idea I was going to order several, 3 rooms.

No suite, balcony and inside.

We are past guests and one is a silver

will that help

I don't know if it will, but I really think NCL should add this to the choices for bon voyage gifts! We should suggest it. Why not? They have all sorts of foods and wine/champagne, but they don't have beer. There are a lot of beer drinkers out there.

DML

None of the bottles were opened in the 2 buckets of beer that we pre-ordered from the pre-concierge on the Dawn in December. Usually when you buy a bucket of beer one will be opened and you will also receive a can opener (if you ordered beer without a twist top). I'm not sure what ship ksimpso3 was on but we have ordered buckets on the Dawn, Star, Gem & Jewel and have never had anyone try to open all 6 beers at one time.

HOWEVER - during the buy one get one happy hour, both bottles were opened on the Dawn which we did not appreciate. The first week on the Dawn in December we could buy one get one bucket but the 2nd week no buckets were included in the B1G1 happy hours and they opened everything they served.:mad:

We were on the Dawn 1/6/13-1/13/13. My husband is a big beer drinker, and was very unhappy about having all his beers opened when he ordered a bucket. (It did happen...no can opener provided as you stated.) We were staying in the garden villa, so he asked our butler to get the buckets so they were unopened. The butler was able to do it. He was drinking BudLight. My daughters got Coors Light once, and they were all unopened (but they were twist caps)....go figure. BTW-the bucket I ordered from pre-concierge to have in room was unopened. It was only the buckets he ordered from pool bar that seemed to be opened.

We were on the Dawn 1/6/13-1/13/13. My husband is a big beer drinker, and was very unhappy about having all his beers opened when he ordered a bucket. (It did happen...no can opener provided as you stated.) We were staying in the garden villa, so he asked our butler to get the buckets so they were unopened. The butler was able to do it. He was drinking BudLight. My daughters got Coors Light once, and they were all unopened (but they were twist caps)....go figure. BTW-the bucket I ordered from pre-concierge to have in room was unopened. It was only the buckets he ordered from pool bar that seemed to be opened.

It's rank stupidity to open all of them. I will have to remember to tell them not to open any for him. Thanks for the heads-up.

DML

Wow! That's really weird. We ended up with 6 little blue openers...some with Norwegian Cruise Lines in white on the blue opener and some plain blue. I put one on my keyring and I don't even drink beer, LOL.

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to make sure when I order it I say do not open! Thanks

Buckets of beer should absolutely be added to the Bon Voyage gift list. I had to look for myself -- surprised it's not there!

I have suggested it in another thread. Please feel free to put your two cents in over there. With enough people saying it, they might jump on the idea. Grin...

Archived