Allure OTS in Nassau, Aquaventure excursion?

kath00

HI there,

We booked the Aquaventure excursion through Allure for April 1, 2013 stop. I am doing research on this and whether it's worth the $160 price tag. Given everyone's very poor reviews of other activities in Nassau, I think we are going to stick with it.

My confusion is the hours. The excursion says 7:30am as the starting time. I thought the park doesn't open till 10. Allure pulls out at 3pm so that would leave us with a TON of wasted time.

For those of you who have done this excursion through the cruise lines (esp through Allure or Oasis, both of which leave so early), what are the actual hours that you are in the park? Is it worth the fee?

I would appreciate any comments or advice. Kath

HI there,

We booked the Aquaventure excursion through Allure for April 1, 2013 stop. I am doing research on this and whether it's worth the $160 price tag. Given everyone's very poor reviews of other activities in Nassau, I think we are going to stick with it.

My confusion is the hours. The excursion says 7:30am as the starting time. I thought the park doesn't open till 10. Allure pulls out at 3pm so that would leave us with a TON of wasted time.

For those of you who have done this excursion through the cruise lines (esp through Allure or Oasis, both of which leave so early), what are the actual hours that you are in the park? Is it worth the fee?

I would appreciate any comments or advice. Kath

The pools open at 9am/ slides at 10am. Doesn't matter if you are a guest or on the ship. That's when they open.

Of course, you'll need to be in a cab by 2pm if you are going to make your ship. Some ships insist your back 1 hour beforehand.. you should check to see what time you need to board.

Doubt you'll get your moneys worth.

There's plenty of fun things to do..

www.majestictoursbahamas.com

www.flyingcloud.info

www.bluewholewatersports.com

www.bahamaboattours.com

www.selfdriveboat.com

Those who can't find something fun to do.. haven't looked hard enough.

Whether you get your money's worth is subjective, but it should be noted that Aquaventure isn't universally adored. I've seen some very poor reviews for it from people experiencing long lines and extremely overcrowded facilities. I've seen photos of the lazy river where everyone was jammed in so tight there wasn't room for one more float. I assume that the experience varies greatly with the number of ships in port, but perhaps someone else can provide more guidance.

Hmmm, thanks. Scubagirrl, thanks so much for the links. We are in touch with one of the tours now and are thinking we may go diving instead...

The problem is we are only in port from 7 to 2. SIGH.

Archived