Labadee - Anyone recently rented one of the Nellie's Beach Over the Water Cabanas?

Boiler Fan

We have a Nellie's Beach Over the Water Cabana on Labadee booked for our upcoming Feb. 10 Western Caribbean cruise. If anyone has done this recently, I would appreciate any info. Can you pick which cabana you want, or do you have to take the one they give you? We'd prefer not to have to walk too far for the lunch.

What was included? When I booked the cabana last fall, the description said an ice chest with ice and bottled water was included. I have noticed that this is no longer mentioned in the description. Did they eliminate that? The price has also gone up $50 since I booked. There will be four of us in the cabana. In your opinion was it worth the money? How was lunch? Thanks so much for any info - it will be much appreciated!

We rented a hillside cabana on our New Year cruise, and loved it! We were sorta over the water. If I had to pick one cabana out of all of them, it would be the one we got.

Our confirmation had our cabana number on it (I think it was H6). When we arrived, we were taken to our pre-assigned cabana. There was a cooler wtih ice and water. I suggest you request whatever soft drinks you want early, as they ran out of any diet soda by 2pm.

Lunch was included, and wasn't far. I don't think anything is that far. Lunch was really only okay. Burgers, ribs, shrimp skewers, warm salads. (I thought lunch kinda sucked, but I still loved the day).

I would do it again, and ask for the same cabana again.

We have a Nellie's Beach Over the Water Cabana on Labadee booked for our upcoming Feb. 10 Western Caribbean cruise. If anyone has done this recently, I would appreciate any info. Can you pick which cabana you want, or do you have to take the one they give you? We'd prefer not to have to walk too far for the lunch.

What was included? When I booked the cabana last fall, the description said an ice chest with ice and bottled water was included. I have noticed that this is no longer mentioned in the description. Did they eliminate that? The price has also gone up $50 since I booked. There will be four of us in the cabana. In your opinion was it worth the money? How was lunch? Thanks so much for any info - it will be much appreciated!

We were on the Eclipse and rented a Cabana at Nellies Beach we loved it. You get a little thatched hut, with a fan, a cooler with bottled water. A lovely couch- two comfortable lounge chairs. Towels and a butler to get you drinks. You also get two lounge chairs by the water on the sand, and a water noodle to use for the day. The butler drives you to a "special" private barbecue close by. You really could easily walk if not handicapped. You have the barbecue in a restricted area. You are close to the restrooms. We are going to book it again on one of our future cruises. For the base price, you can bring up to four more people.

Hello there! I had one of the over the water cabanas on my Oasis cruise. If you follow this link and start at post 237 it will give you an idea of the cabana we had and in the area it was in. We all had a great time. I already have a hilltop reserved for when we stop there aboard Silhouette in April

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1720778&page=8

Thanks, lemstar, Cruise a holic, and Bugsy4271 for the great info. We are really looking forward to our day in Labadee.

I did follow your link, Bugsy, and enjoyed your photos of the Oasis of the Sea. I have not been on an RCCL cruise and thought the ship looked great. Thanks!

The cabana is worth the price if you have four people - I doubt that I'd do if for just the two of us. We had five and it was great. I will agree that the lunch was over-rated, especially some of the jerk chicken that was very undercooked and inedible. But, there were two ships at Labadee that day so the place was very crowded. Having our own private place to hang out was wonderful.

Don't wait to book it - our January cruise was all sold out of cabanas by September.

My wife and daughter booked over the water as well for Feb 10 Silouette. Looks like we'll see you there Boiler and saboo. I've seen pics on the board and just googled they look awesome. How could you go wrong with one of these?

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Eclipse and rented a Cabana at Nellies Beach we loved it. You get a little thatched hut, with a fan, a cooler with bottled water. A lovely couch- two comfortable lounge chairs. Towels and a butler to get you drinks. You also get two lounge chairs by the water on the sand, and a water noodle to use for the day. The butler drives you to a "special" private barbecue close by. You really could easily walk if not handicapped. You have the barbecue in a restricted area. You are close to the restrooms. We are going to book it again on one of our future cruises. For the base price, you can bring up to four more people.

Did you have a beach cabana or an over the water cabana?

Did you have a beach cabana or an over the water cabana?

We had on the beach- for us it was better as I like easy access to the beach- just a few steps and the cabana even had a ramp which would be great for those who do not like any steps- We walked out of our cabana through a privacy gate and onto the beach. The cabana attendent had a chair. water noodle and towel for us by the beach in addition to the cabana seating. The best beach excursion of the cruise! We will book Nellie's beach again next year on our Allure cruise.

We had on the beach- for us it was better as I like easy access to the beach- just a few steps and the cabana even had a ramp which would be great for those who do not like any steps- We walked out of our cabana through a privacy gate and onto the beach. The cabana attendent had a chair. water noodle and towel for us by the beach in addition to the cabana seating. The best beach excursion of the cruise! We will book Nellie's beach again next year on our Allure cruise.

That sounds great. Would you choose the beach cabana again or consider the hillside or over the water instead? Can you see the beach/water from the beach cabanas?

That sounds great. Would you choose the beach cabana again or consider the hillside or over the water instead? Can you see the beach/water from the beach cabanas?

I loved the Cabana we had at Nellies Beach and would pick the same one, if available next time. I enjoyed just stepping out being on the sand and walking to the water- The Hillside is beautiful, but we enjoyed the easy access to all of the facilities.

If it was a choice of Hillside or nothing you bet I would take Hillside! Loved Labadee!!

Sitting at FLL waiting for flight home. If you've thinking about a cabana stop thinking and book it already. Best money spent on the cruise was on an over the water cabana. Hillside look nice too but would reco over water. The beach at Nellies is phenomenal as well.

How do you select which Cabana you want to reserve??? Is there a map you can choose from when you do the online reservation?

On our cruise, we were called down to group services deck and then we were able to pick the cabana. Apparently first come, first serve. She ( the group services representative) had a list of all of the Nellie's beach (available) cabana's and we picked from what she still had available. The cabana's are really all wonderful-but if you are fussy-try to be the first one down at the time and location stated on your notification. We were given a notice the day before to be down at group services, if I recall about 5:00 PM. This was on Celebrity-not sure if RC is the same.:)

Not sure what the suite people did.

On our cruise, we were called down to group services deck and then we were able to pick the cabana. Apparently first come, first serve. She ( the group services representative) had a list of all of the Nellie's beach (available) cabana's and we picked from what she still had available. The cabana's are really all wonderful-but if you are fussy-try to be the first one down at the time and location stated on your notification. We were given a notice the day before to be down at group services, if I recall about 5:00 PM. This was on Celebrity-not sure if RC is the same.:)

Not sure what the suite people did.

Thanks...that's very helpful...

so You did reserve the Cabana through the website prior to your cruise, then Guest Services contacted you once onboard....on RCI that would probably be the Excursion desk at Guest Services....

Thanks Again...

I booked over the phone in advance and received an envelope outside my cabin two days before Ladadee. The letter had a cabana code on it and after speaking with concierge who books tha cabanas sh told me one was assigned already. We were pleased with ours but generally all look nice.

Archived