What is the difference between speciality coffees & premium coffees

canary1902

Hello,

Please can some one tell me the difference between premium and speciality coffees.

The classic package offers premium coffees & Teas and the premium package offers speciality coffees & Teas.

I was going to go for the classic as I dont particularly like smoothies and frozen drinks or the redbull, but I do enjoy a good coffee and herbal teas so may need the premium one.

Thanks for your help.

4 weeks until our Millenium Cruise. Cant wait

I believe the difference is that "specialty" coffees include liquor in the coffee. "Premium" coffees are non-alcoholic coffees such as cappuccino, mocha, etc.

The premium non-alcoholic package offers "non-alcoholic specialty coffees" so "liquor" can't be the only difference.

I think I once read in a review that someone had been told a specialty coffee was any coffee behind the hot chocolate on the al bacio menu? So I assumed it had to do with price (any coffee over $5) or "fancy" with syrups and stuff?

Other Favorites \

More Favorites \

Gelateria

Italy's leading espresso coffee company Lavazza, has been roasting coffees for over 100 years at its plant in the northwest Italian city of Torino.

Lavazza's state-of-the-art roasting facility boasts the world's highest concentration of advanced coffee technology. Special attention is paid to each bean as it is inspected for any imperfections and then roasted in air convection roasters which guarantee that each bean is evenly browned and never scorched.

Lavazza's investments in technology, research and development and its dedication to quality control combined with the long roasting tradition of this family-owned company, have made the Lavazza brand recognizable worldwide as the leader in espresso coffee.

Tea Forte is the innovator of the contemporary tea experience. The cornerstone of this visionary brand is its excellent teas, blended with nature's bounty of luscious fruits, healing herbs and flowers.

A 15% service charge is automatically added to your check

All our Drinks are made with Lavazza Coffee

Ristretto

Half shot of Espresso

$3.00

Espresso

Single shot

$3.00

Espresso Doppio

Double shot

$4.00

Espresso Macchiato

Espresso with steamed milk froth

$3.00

Espresso Based Coffees

Cappuccino

Espresso with steamed and frothed milk

$4.50

Caffé Latte

Espresso with steamed milk and topped with foam

$4.50

Caffé Americano

Two rich, full-bodied Lavazza espresso shots

combined with hot water

$4.50

Caffé Mocha

Espresso with steamed milk & dark chocolate

topped with whipped cream

$4.50

White Chocolate Mocha

Espresso with steamed milk & white chocolate

& whipped cream

$4.50

Caramel Macchiato

Espresso with foamed milk and a splash of both

vanilla & real caramel

$4.50

Please enjoy our complimentary selection of pastries,

sandwiches, and sweets.

Teas ~ Forte Black & Oolong

Selection by Tea Forte

Earl GreyRich Indian tea, Italian pressed bergamot

and marigold petals bring a modern twist

to this elegant classic.$4.00English BreakfastClassic breakfast tea with a rich, smooth full bodied

flavor and aroma. A perfectly balanced blend

of superb India teas steep a great cup, morning, noon or evening.$4.00Decaf BreakfastWe have traveled to the Eden-like island of Sri Lanka

to find this delicious decaffeinated tea. Rich, elegantly

simple and fully satisfying. Perfect for those of us monitoring our caffeine intake.$4.00Estate DarjeerlingOur Estate Darjeeling brings the fresh crisp qualities

of its origins in the Himalayan mountain foothills to

every cup. An undercurrent of roasted nuts and soft floral notes permeate each sip.$4.00Bombay ChaiThis enticing blend of fine India black teas and rare

spices flaunts a deliciously aromatic and flavorful cup.

Spicy, yet well balanced.$4.00Formosa OolongOur single estate fine leaved Formosa tea steeps a cup

a bit bolder than a green yet more delicate than

a black tea. Known worldwide for its slightly

nutty and lightly roasted flavor.$4.00Vienna CinnamonElegant, intoxicating and soul-stirring, like the city

itself. The sweetest cinnamon is blended with black tea

to create an infusion that will transport you

to a lingering afternoon in a Viennese cafe. Its unique,

spicy-yet-sweet balance is thoroughly satisfying.$4.00Please enjoy our complimentary selection of pastries,

sandwiches, and sweets.

Teas ~ Herbal & Red Tisanes

Selection by Tea Forte

Raspberry Nectar

A luscious, juicy, raspberry blend. Succulent

as a basket of hand-picked raspberries ripened

to perfection in the summer sun.

Naturally caffeine free

$4.00

Ginger

Soothing lemon verbena is balanced

with invigorating ginger root, ginseng and pepper

to create a bold enticing blend.

Naturally caffeine free

$4.00

Citrus Mint

Our Citrus Mint provides a chill that truly

warms the spirits. The perfect finale to every

sumptuous dining experience. Our blender's

touch of lemon peel nears genius.

Naturally caffeine free

$4.00

Chamomile Tisane

The Chamomile Tisane has a delicate fruit finale.

Chamomile flowers, orange peel and vanilla steep

a gentle brew for relaxation after a long day.

Naturally caffeine free

$4.00

Jasmine Green Tea

The natural scent of night blooming jasmine

flowers is captured in every cup of this light

and floral green tea. Spring grown and scented

in our remote gardens of south China.

Low in caffeine

$4.00

African Solstice

Our African Solstice rooibos is rich in flavor,

high in antioxidants and steeps a rewardingly

beautiful and fragrant cup. The ultimate in healthful

tisanes, this herbal blend has a medium body.

Naturally caffeine free

$4.00

Please enjoy our complimentary selection of pastries, sandwiches, and sweets.

Tea over Ice ~ Iced tea

Selection by Tea Forte

Enjoy freshly brewed iced tea in a whole new way with Tea Over Ice pitcher system.

Ceylon OrganicSpecially blended, our organic Ceylon Gold iced tea

raises the bar on a well loved classic$5.00Pomegranate BlackberrySpecially blended and cut to be flash chilled,

our Pomegranate Blackberry is our crisp Ceylon Estate tea

enhanced with the essence of sweet,

tangy and antioxidant-rich fruit$5.00White Ginger PearWhite Ginger Pear is an unusual blend

of a fine white tea with a ginger herbal tisane.$5.00Please enjoy our complimentary selection of pastries,

sandwiches, and sweets.

Hot ChocolateThe finest cocoa with hot milk$4.00Caffé VienneseEspresso, dark chocolate powder, fresh whipped cream

& chocolate flakes$6.00Espresso ai Frutti di BoscoEspresso, blackcurrant jam, fresh whipped cream

& fresh wild berries$6.00Espresso CroccanteEspresso, crushed granola, caramel syrup,

fresh whipped cream & wafer thin biscuits$6.00 Espresso CaraibicoEspresso, pineapple, coconut syrup

& fresh whipped cream$6.00Espresso MelbaEspresso, peaches, hot chocolate, fresh whipped cream

& crushed amaretti biscuits$6.00Caffé Shakerato (Served Chilled)Espresso shaken with ice & fresh cream$5.00Ice Bianco EspressoEspresso shaken with sugar, ice cubes and skim milk,

with a sprinkle of chocolate powder$5.00AffogatoEspresso, chocolate syrup,

served over one scoop of gelato$5.00IGLU (Caffe Frappé)Espresso, ice, milk and the Iglu powder mixture

(your choice) café, chocolate or vanilla$5.00These should be the premium coffees.

I specifically asked one of the servers at Cafe al Bacio this question. I asked her which drinks were not covered by the classic non-alcoholic package and which were covered by the premium package. She responded that the coffee drinks list on page 5 and 6 of the Cafe al Bacio menu under "Other Favorites" and "More Favorites" were not covered by the classic package but that all other coffees were. Here is a link to a copy of the menu she was referring to:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

I believe the difference is that "specialty" coffees include liquor in the coffee. "Premium" coffees are non-alcoholic coffees such as cappuccino, mocha, etc.

This is incorrect and relates to a prior incorrect FAQ response on Celebrity's web site which has since been corrected. At one time they posted an FAQ which actually said the Specialty coffees in the non-alcoholic package were those that included alcohol - which never made and sense and was not followed on board.

I specifically asked one of the servers at Cafe al Bacio this question. I asked her which drinks were not covered by the classic non-alcoholic package and which were covered by the premium package. She responded that the coffee drinks list on page 5 and 6 of the Cafe al Bacio menu under "Other Favorites" and "More Favorites" were not covered by the classic package but that all other coffees were. Here is a link to a copy of the menu she was referring to:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

Thanks for posting. That's a nice selection... seems my favorite iced tea selections are included as they are at the top of page 5 before "Other Favs... & DH will be happy with the list of coffees..."

i am surprised that regular hot chocolate is not included (only a $4.00 charge). My favorite is the IGLU, also not included but also too many calories!!!

Thanks for posting. That's a nice selection... seems my favorite iced tea selections are included as they are at the top of page 5 before "Other Favs... & DH will be happy with the list of coffees..."

i am surprised that regular hot chocolate is not included (only a $4.00 charge). My favorite is the IGLU, also not included but also too many calories!!!

I don't know that hot chocolate isn't included. While it is under the caption of favorites it is not a coffee and I had inquired specifically about coffees and not other items when I got the response I posted about above.

Archived