Freestyle Machines on Freedom

Atty

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed the Freedom. Love these machines. Actually first started seeing them at Wendy's where I live. It totally makes the soda package worth it IMO. Not just your standards at the bar, Sorrentos, etc. I wanted to try them all but there is a 6 min delay between scans. It was also nice at breakfast we'd get a dasini sensation or minute maid.

I found this on the RCCL blog. It was from the beginning of January though, so I don't know if there are machines on more ships by now.

Coca-Cola ® Freestyle machines are currently on six Royal Caribbean Ships Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, and Enchantment of the Seas and we are excited about future developments as we continually strives to enhance the onboard experience for our guests.

Is that the package at $45 per day per person?

How many cokes would one have to drink to break even? I'm a caffeine free diet gal so this looks really interesting.

Soda only package is $6.50 per day per person, plus 15%, includes the Freestyle machines, if available. The $45 is for beer, wine, and soda.

Is that the package at $45 per day per person?

How many cokes would one have to drink to break even? I'm a caffeine free diet gal so this looks really interesting.

No not 45 a day per person. That would be like a total price person, depends on your cruise length.

Here is a good explanation:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&snav=2&faqId=3653&faqSubjectId=336

• 2 years later...
We just sailed the Freedom. Love these machines. Actually first started seeing them at Wendy's where I live. It totally makes the soda package worth it IMO. Not just your standards at the bar, Sorrentos, etc. I wanted to try them all but there is a 6 min delay between scans. It was also nice at breakfast we'd get a dasini sensation or minute maid.

For Freedom of the Seas; anyone knows from recent experience if there is still a delay between scans when using the Freestyle machines and how long that is? I would think it is still the same as explained in this post a few years ago but I want to confirm. Thx

For Freedom of the Seas; anyone knows from recent experience if there is still a delay between scans when using the Freestyle machines and how long that is? I would think it is still the same as explained in this post a few years ago but I want to confirm. Thx

The delay is 15 minutes.

Just returned form the Freedom six days ago.

My 9 year old lost her cup on day 2 or 3 and a replacement cup was 7.08.

There are five freestyle machines on board.

Two in windjammer

Two by Sorrentos

one in the kids area

The one in kids area never had diet in it.

The machine on the left by sorrentos was broken except for day 5 of the cruise. guess they got parts at the port :)

one night the one on the right ran out of diet and then they closed winjammer for cleaning so the only place to get diet was from a bar.

My 9 year old lost her cup on day 2 or 3 and a replacement cup was 7.08.

Nice to know you can buy a replacement cup. My son threw his cup away the first day. I was digging through the trash can :eek:. Luckily, a nice bartender saw it and washed it out.

The delay is 15 minutes.

So, the delay time between scans was increased, that is quite a bit more time between drinks. This limits your drink during a meal at windjammer/sorrentos to two drinks if your there for 20 minutes, the soda package may not be that attractive if that is the reason it's purchase for.

So, the delay time between scans was increased, that is quite a bit more time between drinks. This limits your drink during a meal at windjammer/sorrentos to two drinks if your there for 20 minutes, the soda package may not be that attractive if that is the reason it's purchase for.

That limit is only for using the RFID cup - not the package in general. You can still get a soda in Windjammer - and if you run out in less than 15 minutes - there is a bar in there where you can get another soda (mind you - not one of the specialty Coke products - but a soda none the less.)