Email from RCI - Premium Drink Package

louhun88

I would bring it and ask them for beers to put in it, what's the worse they can say no. So if they do you take both cards go up and ask for two beers unopened and then have the other card holder then go up and do the same thing. Or you could just go to each bar. I don't think it's a big deal. We got ours from the guys going around selling them on a golf cart type beverage thing. The cooler was $9.95(charged to sea pass card) and it was blue/gold and kinda half moon shaped. Not square like a 6 pack cooler. It reminds me of a woman's purse sort of lol. We sat at scuba cove area in between two bars so it worked out for us ( right by the band stand).

I'll be sailing on the Jewel of the seas next Saturday and have already purchased the Premium drink package. I'll be doing a "Live" trip report and plan to speak about my experience with it during that trip report. Please be sure follow along and see how it goes. I should be starting my thread on the live trip report on Friday, April 12th.

Oh, I have a question too! I have searched and searched and can't find the answer for this. Is Vodka(GreyGoose) and Redbull included with the package? I see it is listed as a specific drink on the drink menu, but the redbull would be from a can so I'm not sure. This would be a deal breaker for us.

Thanks so much!

Kim

Yes Red Bull and Goose are included, I had one every afternoon for a pick me up! Well at least on Explorer they were included....also I was able to have just the Red Bull at the Irish pub with no vodka.

Yes Red Bull and Goose are included, I had one every afternoon for a pick me up! Well at least on Explorer they were included....also I was able to have just the Red Bull at the Irish pub with no vodka.

Hooray! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

In trying to calculate whether the package is worth it or not, can anyone give any insight to a la carte prices? I see that most domestic beers are 6.25 or less, but what about liquor and mixed cocktails?

This package seems very worth it to me (of course that all depends on how much one can and will drink). The only downside to me is that it will require a lot of work by the purchaser. Instead of getting a bucket, I will have to get up over and over to go to the bar. Seems like a process to get specialty drinks as well.

In trying to calculate whether the package is worth it or not, can anyone give any insight to a la carte prices? I see that most domestic beers are 6.25 or less, but what about liquor and mixed cocktails?

This package seems very worth it to me (of course that all depends on how much one can and will drink). The only downside to me is that it will require a lot of work by the purchaser. Instead of getting a bucket, I will have to get up over and over to go to the bar. Seems like a process to get specialty drinks as well.

Most cocktails are between $6 and $10, plus 15% gratuity.

Anyone else find it odd that although Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are owned by the same company, the RC classic drink package does not include spirits, but the Celebrity classic package does (up to $8/serving)? And RC's is $1 more per person/day.

Anyone else find it odd that although Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are owned by the same company, the RC classic drink package does not include spirits, but the Celebrity classic package does (up to $8/serving)? And RC's is $1 more per person/day.

Also Celebrity includes specialty coffees (like cappuccino) and Royal doesn't.

Also at Celebrity specialty coffee (like cappuccino) is included but not on Royal.

Edited by TITISSA
double post

As far as Im aware RC's package price includes gratuity. Celebrity's doesnt.

As far as Im aware RC's package price includes gratuity. Celebrity's doesnt.

Celebrity package includes gratuity. I was on the Reflection and I had the Premium Package. It was very good. Besides alcohol, specialty coffee and bottled water were part of the package as it was gratuity.

Celebrity package includes gratuity. I was on the Reflection and I had the Premium Package. It was very good. Besides alcohol, specialty coffee and bottled water were part of the package as it was gratuity.

This is from Celebrity's website:

*All prices are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar, or room service, or the Enomatic® wine dispensing system. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

Yes the gratuity is added at payment time, but the poster I replied to, I believe , was comparing RCs inclusive price to Celebrity's exclusive price. The price quoted by Celebrity on their website is exclusive whereas the price quoted on RCs website is inclusive.

Edited by Frankmac

Ok this is kind of a silly question, but is "spiked coffee" included? I don't drink much coffee on vacation, but when we had the drink package on Carnival it was nice to have a good irish coffee on a couple mornings! It was kind of a loop hole on there-we were able to get specialty coffee included w/ a little pick me up in there ;)

Ok this is kind of a silly question, but is "spiked coffee" included? I don't drink much coffee on vacation, but when we had the drink package on Carnival it was nice to have a good irish coffee on a couple mornings! It was kind of a loop hole on there-we were able to get specialty coffee included w/ a little pick me up in there ;)

From reading another thread about the drink packages, someone said if you like the "spiked coffee", just order a coffee and a shot, then add it yourself. Guess that would work.

Question about tax on the drinks - I know that tax is included in the package. If you get a margarita on board that is priced at $10 would they charge tax and tip on top of that price, or just tip (15%)?

They always charge the 15% tip. Sales tax would only be added if the ship was in a US port when you made your purchase.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

any updates on the premium beverage package, as far as what is or is not included? ie. bottled water or the freestyle coke machines

I read the plan can be used on Coco Cay so is it safe to assume it can be used on land in Labadee?

If you order a drink of the day in a souvenir cup with the plan do they charge full price or just charge a fee for the glass/cup? If you tip the server well, do they ever let the cup slide?

Is champagne included on the plan? I thought I read you can buy it by the bottle in the champagne bar. Is it possible to get a bottle for mimosas on the balcony?