Email from RCI - Premium Drink Package

louhun88

any updates on the premium beverage package, as far as what is or is not included? ie. bottled water or the freestyle coke machines

I read the plan can be used on Coco Cay so is it safe to assume it can be used on land in Labadee?

If you order a drink of the day in a souvenir cup with the plan do they charge full price or just charge a fee for the glass/cup? If you tip the server well, do they ever let the cup slide?

Is champagne included on the plan? I thought I read you can buy it by the bottle in the champagne bar. Is it possible to get a bottle for mimosas on the balcony?

No bottled water and no Freestyle machines are included in either unlimited alcohol packages.

Glasses of champagne are included in the alcohol package. Bottles would have to be purchased.

Would anyone know the answer to this ( I should know the answer myself, but I went to bed early on my last night):

When does use of the package run out. I would have thought 12 midnight on the last day, but my friend who is recently off Splendour, said he continued to use it into the early hours of disembarkation day, and was not charged.

Would anyone know the answer to this ( I should know the answer myself, but I went to bed early on my last night):

When does use of the package run out. I would have thought 12 midnight on the last day, but my friend who is recently off Splendour, said he continued to use it into the early hours of disembarkation day, and was not charged.

I asked that same question when I spoke with RCI a month or two ago, and I was told that the package is good during any hours that the bars, lounges or any of the other places that serve alcohol are open. I'm not sure what those hours actually are, or whether the serving hours vary by ship or not. I'll be on the Allure during Thanksgiving week and am planning to purchase the Platinum package, and I'm interested not only in how late they serve, but how early they may start in the morning.

Looks like a slow day at work today, so maybe some research is in order.

Cheers!

any updates on the premium beverage package, as far as what is or is not included? ie. bottled water or the freestyle coke machines

I read the plan can be used on Coco Cay so is it safe to assume it can be used on land in Labadee?

If you order a drink of the day in a souvenir cup with the plan do they charge full price or just charge a fee for the glass/cup? If you tip the server well, do they ever let the cup slide?

Is champagne included on the plan? I thought I read you can buy it by the bottle in the champagne bar. Is it possible to get a bottle for mimosas on the balcony?

We had the pkg in Labadee & when our server brought my drink in the souvenir cup, I told him that I was not allowed that cup & he just made it seem like he was doing me a favor..but everyone had the cups..no charge..they just keep refilling it. but they did "run out" before we left to re-board. We did tip him well thru out the day..

I asked that same question when I spoke with RCI a month or two ago, and I was told that the package is good during any hours that the bars, lounges or any of the other places that serve alcohol are open. I'm not sure what those hours actually are, or whether the serving hours vary by ship or not. I'll be on the Allure during Thanksgiving week and am planning to purchase the Platinum package, and I'm interested not only in how late they serve, but how early they may start in the morning.

Looks like a slow day at work today, so maybe some research is in order.

Cheers!

Thanks for that, however I was specifically talking about the final night. I'm aware that you can use it during opening hours, but I thought that maybe the package would expire at midnight on the last night, although my friends experience would suggest that that is not the situation.

Edited by Frankmac

Thanks for that, however I was specifically talking about the final night. I'm aware that you can use it during opening hours, but I thought that maybe the package would expire at midnight on the last night, although my friends experience would suggest that that is not the situation.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear on that. Yes, from what I understand from a friend that was on the Oasis recently, it is good after midnight as long as the bars / lounges are open, and this does include the final night. You're paying for seven days of the drink package (or however long your cruise is), even though you're not really on the ship for a full seven days (example, you embark on Sunday noon-ish and disembark the next Sunday early morning). Only fair that they let you use it to the max.

Although I'm guessing that after almost a whole week of unlimited drinks, I may not have the strength after midnight on day 7! I get to test this theory in about a month.

So did we ever answer the question about wine? My lady likes wine, but she doesn't like crap, so I'm not sure if the wine onboard is any good and if the price is worth it.

Also, I've heard tell that if there's two people in a stateroom, that both of you DON'T need to buy the alcohol package.

Thanks.

So did we ever answer the question about wine? My lady likes wine, but she doesn't like crap, so I'm not sure if the wine onboard is any good and if the price is worth it.

Also, I've heard tell that if there's two people in a stateroom, that both of you DON'T need to buy the alcohol package.

Thanks.

Only you (or your lady) can decide if it's worth it. Simple solution, wait until you get on board and try the wine before you purchase the package.

Can anyone confirm if all occupants over 21 have to order the package? Everything I have read indicates yes. Previous poster states he has heard the opposite?

Royal states that everyone over 21 in the same stateroom has to purchase the package.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone confirm if all occupants over 21 have to order the package? Everything I have read indicates yes. Previous poster states he has heard the opposite?

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Recent updates to the alcohol packages now allow for just one of the adults in a cabin to purchase the package, even if there are two or more adults that share the same cabin. Of course, sharing is still not encouraged. Also, bottled water is now included as well. These changes, plus a new package, went into effect 11/15/2013, and those that were on my 11/24 Allure sailing were able to take advantage of these changes.

My GF and I each purchased it (the Premium Package), as we knew we would both want to order drinks at the same time. Plus we're really not into trying to cheat the system. We definitely got our money's worth.

By the way, the info on RCI's website still does not have the updated details and the new $65 package listed, but they are definitely available for purchase. An RCI rep told me they would be updating their site this month.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I'm wondering if you can buy the package once you are on board the ship?

I'm sailing on March 10th, and when I'm in my cruise planner on RCI's website it says that all drink packages must be purchased by March 5th, but I'm wondering if that is just online or if I will be able to purchase one on the ship once getting a look at things and deciding if I think it would be worth it for myself and my boyfriend.

Thanks

I'm wondering if you can buy the package once you are on board the ship?

I'm sailing on March 10th, and when I'm in my cruise planner on RCI's website it says that all drink packages must be purchased by March 5th, but I'm wondering if that is just online or if I will be able to purchase one on the ship once getting a look at things and deciding if I think it would be worth it for myself and my boyfriend.

Thanks

You can purchase on board the ship. The deadline is for purchasing online.

Hi. Our family (6) is heading out on Freedom of the Seas this June to the Western Caribbean (we were on Liberty of the Seas a few years back and really enjoyed it) and wondering a few things about RCI's new beverage packages if anyone can assist; called RCI yesterday and they were of zero help. Figured folks on the boards would know...

We are looking at the Premium package ($55 per day) and wondering if anyone knows:

Does this package include the after dinner shots in the MDR?

If it includes house wines in the MDR? I've heard the house wines aren't great, but can't find a list of what is considered house

If it includes any "house" wines at Vintages?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Forgive me if this has been addressed before but what is the main difference between the Ultimate and Premium drink package?? For $10 more per day, what more are you getting that you wouldn't be getting in the Premium package?

Premium coffee, premium tea, bottled sparking water, and fresh squeezed OJ

So my question is this: Most of the margaritas advertised contain Patron tequila, which is not included in the premium package (and to be honest I would rather they make this package a true premium package add $5 or $10 per day and let you have everything) are the bartenders able to substitute another brand of tequila/rum/vodka for one within the package to make drinks?

That's my question too. The package USED to say all mixed drinks up to $10 and the Patron margaritas were priced at $10, so should have been included.

Now, at least based on the picture posted & the info in this thread - the $10 dollar included limit has been replaced by a list of included liquors - NOT including Patron!

Nothing like a constantly changing deal - wonder if there's any way to get it in writing if you purchase in advance, because what you bought & what you get may be 2 different things! :mad:

Maybe the thing to do now is settle on Long Island Ice Teas while on board & make sure ALL the liquors they use in each are premium! :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Thanks for answering! Doesn't quite seem worth $10 a day more. :confused:

Sure, it depends on your personal taste. If you had an OJ and premium coffee for breakfast, another coffee later in the day, and a sparking water bottle or two for dinner, you would be close to the $10.

There are so many threads with some conflicting information.

Some say with the Premium Drinks Package that "unbranded" bottles of water are included and juices from the machines. (Not bottled)

Now I'm reading that they're not included.

When I called a RCCL rep a few months ago she also informed me that certain bottles of water were included in the premium package.

Anyone willing to have a go at clearing up what is included and what's not? Thanks