Seabourn ..... "gay-friendly" or conservative??

Kiwifruit

Just booked our first cruise on Seabourn and having read all the reviews (and the postings of various people on here) we are looking forward to being thouroughly pampered once on board.

My partner and I have been on a number of cruises in the past preferring to opt for the smaller speciality cruise lines such as the Star Clippers or Viking River Cruises and as a gay couple we have always been made to feel totally welcome by fellow passengers and have made a number of good friends along the way with whom we still stay in contact. Given my understanding that Seabourn tends to attract an older clientele than the other ships we have sailed on previously (we are in our late 30s), I would be interested to hear how you think a gay couple would be accepted by the passengers that typically sail on Seabourn. Do you come across many gay couples sailing on Seabourn?

Lastly, we would be interested to hear if there is anybodyelse out there is sailing on the Legend from Nice on 05/30/04.

Seabourn is VERY gay-friendly, both passengers and crew, and people are sophisticated and quite sensitive to gay issues. We have been on six Seabourn cruises, and on each, while we are a "straight" couple, we have become very close friends with several gay couples, who are now an integral part of our daily lives. If Dr.SHF were not vacationing in Venice, he would echo and expound upon these sentiments, I am sure.

You will feel very welcome, and will love the entire Seabourn experience.

Regards,

bldsld

I will second bldsld vote as to you and your partner enjoying every minute on a Seabourn Yacht! Ages range from 30's to 90's....most seasoned, sophisticated sailors! Food, service, entertainment, etc. is 6*......akin to a floating Ritz Hotel.....but, we have fun~~~never a dull moment! I have many fabulous gay friends as well as couple friends and lady friends....I often say, "Seabourn is a close family and everyone from top to bottom is extra special~~~~ Officers, Staff, Crew and Guests!" In my years of sailing Seabourn I have only met one unkind person.....I think she must have been a very unhappy, miserable lady,(on board a ship AND at home) as her husband was extremely charming and fun to be around. You will find worldly but down to earth folks on the Triplets!

Welcome and Bienvenida to our Seabourn family!

Have a glorious, smooth seas and safe voyage!

MB West Texas

Hi!

You will find Seabourn extremely gay friendly! You will be experiencing a vacation with well traveled passengers that enjoy diversity in life. (and its always a blast to attend the "Friends of Donna (Dorothys younger, prettier sister) party"!

CruiserDan

www.saintpeterealtors.com

Thanks everybody, if the friendliness of the people on here is reflective of the passengers that sail on Seabourn then i'm sure we will have a great time. Dan, I agree whole heartedly its the appreciation of diversity (and of course the friendliness) in the people one meets that makes cruising such fun. I also look forward to catching Donna and her friends, if she is a relative of Dorothy I'm sure we will get on famously icon_smile.gif

Hello Kiwifruit:

Speaking as a straight couple I’m sure you will not have any problems on Seabourn.

BTW: Keep us in mind when handing out invites to the "Friends of Donna†party (any excuse for a party is OK by us)!

AB

"More BOOZE better CRUISE!"

have met and enjoyed the company of gay couples on each of our seabourn cruises

gay men are a daily part of my life and i don't even think about gay vs. straight

although i am a married hetero female

seabourn attracts a much more sophisticated traveler, and sexuality is usually not an issue to people seeing the world icon_smile.gif

i look forward to meeting some young men on seabourn!

KIWI, Several years ago my wife and I, and two additional couples, were on the Pride for a 10 day sailing ending in Ft Lauderdale. There was a large group of gay couples on board who were some of the friendliest and most enjoyable cruisers ( no pun) that we ever sailed with. We all partied and closed the club several nights.

We to are in our late 30's.

I have also sailed with several gay couples on Silversea several times as well. I think you find that there will be several gay criusers on most sailings I assure you it will not be a issue with anyone. Enjoy

Kiwifruit

There were two mid 50's gay gentlemen from the U.K. on our Spirit cruise in the Med last fall. They were quite charming and blended in with all of the other non-gay passengers. I'd like to think that it is because most Seabourn passengers are broadminded enough to not let something like that matter. I'm sure you will have a glorious time

Archived