Attention Repeat Celebrity Passengers--What's Your Opinion?

slp123

2 and 3 for me. Our first cruise Watson the Century about ten years ago and the food was amazing. Slow decline in recent years but big improvement this past summer on the Summit compared to the Solstice two years ago. But we did notice in past years that the waiters really seemed over worked. We miss when they had the time to discuss entrees, bring over the "desert display" , talk about the next day's activities, etc. They work really hard but are there less waiters than years ago? We think the Oceanview Cafe is very good and ESP enjoy the variety of ethnic choices. The cafe at lunch on Princess was awful, more like a HS cafeteria (caribbean Princess, maybe different on different ships) and we were not iressed with the cafe for lunch onthe Freedom of the seas.

I would almost pay a bit more for our cruise and see more improvement in the quality of the MDR. We pay relatively little more for a CC cabin in recent years than we did for our OV years ago.

With all that being said, we enjoy the MDR and overall feel the quality is good (always mana ge to gain a few pounds on each cruise!)

2 and 3 for me. Our first cruise was on the Century about ten years ago and the food was amazing. Slow decline in recent years but big improvement this past summer on the Summit compared to the Solstice two years ago. But we did notice in past years that the waiters really seemed over worked. We miss when they had the time to discuss entrees, bring over the "desert display" , talk about the next day's activities, etc. They work really hard but are there less waiters than years ago? We think the Oceanview Cafe is very good and ESP enjoy the variety of ethnic choices. The cafe at lunch on Princess was awful, more like a HS cafeteria (caribbean Princess, maybe different on different ships) and we were not iressed with the cafe for lunch onthe Freedom of the seas.

I would almost pay a bit more for our cruise and see more improvement in the quality of the MDR. We pay relatively little more for a CC cabin in recent years than we did for our OV years ago.

With all that being said, we enjoy the MDR and overall feel the quality is good (always mana ge to gain a few pounds on each cruise!)

We just returned from the Summitt San Juan trip and will cancel the same cruise we have booked for next February. We are not new to Celebrity as this is our 21st Celebrity cruise. The cutbacks are so obvious, starting with the poor room stewards who have too many rooms. Ours was excellent and did a wonderful job. The MDR is another story. We had select dining and most nights it was terrible. We remember the meals of years ago. On our last night we had a steak which had so much grizzle, frozen peas and carrots and a teeny puff of some potato. It was not good at all. Other nights were only fair to average. It's very obvious they want you to eat in the speciality dining areas. On one afternoon we were on the lounges and the music was thundering, but it was rap music with very offensive language. Someone had put on the wrong tape for sure. Passengers started to get up from their lounges looking for an officer, my husband included. One was finally found and profusely apologized, however, it was left unattended way too long. I thought I was hearing things when the vulgar lyrics were played. We had a veranda cabin and the quality of the washcloths and towels were terrible. The first night my washcloth was like a piece of gauze and by the time I was finished with my shower, it was filled with holes. Things like this you would never have found on a Celebrity cruise years ago. We were on the Silhouette last October and it was nothing like this past February on the Summitt which is why we have decided to cancel. Honestly, all of these little things added up to our decision to cancel. Things have really declined and Celebrity should read these forums and try and make some changes. Another thing is that everyone is "Elite." They have been talking for years about adding another category for Cpts. Club and just haven't. I think they have one for Royal Carib; why not Celebrity. There is no exclusivity about being an Elite anymore. We have an Azamara cruise booked for Europe this October and I'm looking forward to seeing if this is the way the old Celebrity was, however, for double the price! For the price they charge, it's doubtful we will be taking as many cruises in the future. Celebrity please make some changes.

We've only done 1 Celebrity cruise so maybe my opinion doesn't count, but we have done quite a few cruises on Royal so that is where my comparison is. I guess that makes me an "8".

For the most part, the food on Century was good, sometimes excellent, a few times just "ok" but it wasn't the "wow" factor I was expecting after years of having people tell me how much better it was than Royal. Maybe my expectations were too high, but we've always been told Celebrity is a step above in food and service and it wasn't. We enjoyed our cruise and will definitely go on Celebrity again but I have to say, I was happy to be back on Royal in January.:D

I think both lines could take lessons from each other.

Sherri:)

Archived