What exactly is a guaranteed cabin?

We held 2 rooms for 3 people each on center of hump on Serenade of the Seas. One person backed out. We told the travel agent that we still wanted the same rooms (2 in one and 3 in the other) and were going to put deposit down. She told us we could not do that because those rooms were triples or quads and RCI would not allow her to book one of the rooms with only two people. So we held 2 other rooms through this agent and went home and called RCI. RCI said we could have the 2 rooms on the hump and we put deposit on the hump rooms through RCI and canceled the held rooms through travel agent. My question is this - since we have cabin #'s on our reservation, are we guaranteed these rooms? Or can RCI move the 2 of us from the triple/quad cabin closer to departure? I'm just not sure what a guarteed cabin really is. Thanks for any help you can give.

Joan

Did you book specific cabins or "guarantee" cabin catagory?

If you booked specific cabins they will not likely move you.

If you book a catagory "Guarantee" you will get a cabin in either the catagory you paid for or a "higher" catagory which the cruise line will assign, based on their ability to sell available cabins.

The cabin numbers appear on reservation confirmation. I just don't understand why TA told us she couldn't book 1 of those rooms for us. Just hope that RCI doesn't move us because they need a trible or quad. We want those "hump" rooms and we want the rooms next to each other. I didn't book a guarantee D1, I booked the actual cabins by cabin number.

Thanks for your responses,

Joan

Archived