Cabin 6242 on Reflection obstructed?

erniediane65

We're sailing on the Reflection on March 9th. My travel agent stated, "there are no obstructed views on the Reflection." However, when I look at the pictures and some of the reviews here, it's obvious that this cabin has at least a partially obstructed view of the lifeboats. Should I call my TA and change our stateroom? I'm really annoyed that she told me that none of the cabins on the Reflection are obstructed.

We're sailing on the Reflection on March 9th. My travel agent stated, "there are no obstructed views on the Reflection." However, when I look at the pictures and some of the reviews here, it's obvious that this cabin has at least a partially obstructed view of the lifeboats. Should I call my TA and change our stateroom? I'm really annoyed that she told me that none of the cabins on the Reflection are obstructed.

Looking straight from that room out you would view the sea. Looking downward is a small boat (It's not a life boat) but more of some kind of airboat. (Still noticeably right in front of you) If you could switch, I would certainly try. GOOD LUCK!:)

You absolutely cannot rely on a travel agent to give you the correct information all the time! The sixth deck on all the S Class ships (of which the Reflection is the newest member) is full of obstructed view cabins. Looking at any photo would tell you that. The lifeboats and tenders are there. Your cabin IS obstructed when you're seated. Standing at the railing your view will be clear out. #6242 has one of the oversized balconies that are significantly larger, however, so you may not want to change it after all.

There's a sticky post in this forum that will give you information on all the S Class cabins. You may want to look into it to make an informed decision about what you want to do.This post might be of use to you, too. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784191

Edited by dln929

We were in 6236 last year on Eclipse, which is two down from your original cabin. We love the position on the ship, and the fact that the life boats were on the deck below didn't bother us at all.

I have some photos which show the size of the balcony too, but can't seem to get to grips posting them on this reply :confused:

Lou

We were in 6236 last year on Eclipse, which is two down from your original cabin. We love the position on the ship, and the fact that the life boats were on the deck below didn't bother us at all.

I have some photos which show the size of the balcony too, but can't seem to get to grips posting them on this reply :confused:

Lou

Is 6242 on the smoking side?

We stayed in 6242 over Christmas week and loved the cabin. It has a larger balcony than most cabins and the boat it overlooks is a small boat, not a lifeboat when you look down, but no obstruction looking out. Great location very close to the elevators with direct access to the pool and Oceanview cafe. It is on the non-smoking side, though there are no clear signs so there was an occasional smoker on deck 5--mostly late at night --not nearly as bad as the other other side.

are you saying one side is for smoking on reflections

and the other side is for non-smoking

which side is which

All S-Class ships have a public smoking area on deck five near midship port side (odd numbered staterooms are port). Balconies near midship on decks 6, 7 and 8 port side are often negatively impacted if one dislikes cigarette smoke and is sensitive to the smell.

Edited by Gonzo70

hello all

Can anyone tell me whereabouts on Reflection the designated smoking areas are on deck 5. Someone in this thread mentioned port side but are there smoking "spots" along this deck or is it the whole side?

We have been given stateroom 6159 as our GTY & happy with our lot in terms of "obstruction" for the money we paid however I'm now anxious about the smoking aspect if we are under a hot spot:eek:

Anyone had any experience of this area or requested a starboard cabin on the same deck under the GTY scheme?

Thanks very much for any advice

FG:)

hello all

Can anyone tell me whereabouts on Reflection the designated smoking areas are on deck 5. Someone in this thread mentioned port side but are there smoking "spots" along this deck or is it the whole side?

We have been given stateroom 6159 as our GTY & happy with our lot in terms of "obstruction" for the money we paid however I'm now anxious about the smoking aspect if we are under a hot spot:eek:

Anyone had any experience of this area or requested a starboard cabin on the same deck under the GTY scheme?

Thanks very much for any advice

FG:)

It's normally deck 5 mid ships,port side, so you seem to be well forward of that, so don't think you'll have a problem with the smoking area below you.

Lou

• 7 months later...
Thanks everyone for your input.

Used this insider info to book Cabin 6242 on the Reflection for 2/1/14!

Can't wait.

I too appreciate the feedback...we moved from 6282 to 6242 for our cruise in June :-)

• 5 years later...