Hotel for night before

seahawk8292

We really liked the Intercontinental. It is beautiful. You can see the ships from certain rooms. Or go up to the pool deck-what a wonderful view. Great photo opportunity there of you and your ship in the background.

There is also a walking path to Bayside Mall with lots of outdoor shops and cafes. Hard Rock, and Bubba Gumps are there to name a few.

The shuttle was not free, but not very $$. You can take a bus to South Beach for the day. The duck tour is great in Miami. The concierge will help you make plans for what ever you want to do.

I would def stay there again.

Here is a vote for Holiday Inn Express POM. Good rooms, you can see your ship arrive if you get up early enough in the morning and Bayside Marketplace is just across the street. Bayside has shops, restaurants and live bands performing. It's a very lively spot to visit.

Near the aiport not the port but these hotels do provide a port shuttle:

LaQuinta Miamia Airport East - free shuttle with night's stay

Sleep Inn & Suites Miami Airport - small fee for port shuttle

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport - small fee for port shuttle

The new Miami Airport Comfort Inn North- I have heard that they too provide a port shuttle but not sure if it is free or has a small fee.

:)

I know of NO downtown Miami hotels that offer free airport shuttles or POM shuttles. Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will cost $25-27+tip and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next day.

Downtown consider the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, IC, Marriott and (my favorite) the Doubletree. Good luck! :)

I know of NO downtown Miami hotels that offer free airport shuttles or POM shuttles. Taxi from MIA to downtown hotels will cost $25-27+tip and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next day.

Downtown consider the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, IC, Marriott and (my favorite) the Doubletree. Good luck! :)

John, you know you love the Doubletree because of their hot baked cookies at check-in. :D

Just kidding, but they are good.

John, you know you love the Doubletree because of their hot baked cookies at check-in. :D

Just kidding, but they are good.

Those are good cookies, but the rooms with a view of POM are even better (unless I a m there on business and not cruising! :().

Archived