3 days in Fort Lauderdale before Cruise in March!

Camlaura

Hey, We are booked here for the last 4 days after our cruise in Mar. This is a Hilton Property right? Any other info you want to offer would be great. This hotel is across the street from the mall.

Thanks;)

I've stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach, which is beautiful and right across the street from the beach. I've stayed at the Hilton Marina right near the Port, and I've stayed at the Double Tree which, overall I liked best. The Hilton Beach, and Hilton Marina, although both very beautiful properties with really nice pool areas the rooms were small. The location of the Hilton Beach was clearly my favorite, with a beautiful ocean front view.

The Double Tree I felt was very pretty with a small pool area that over looks the inter coastal. The rooms are all suites with a well stocked kitchenette. If you stay on one of the higher floors noise from the drawbridge should not be an issue. The rooms do not have a bathtub but rather a large shower, which for me was fine. The Galleria Mall is right next door with lots of restaurants. I think most if not all of the restaurants will deliver to the hotel. There is a Publix (grocery store) right across the street and a CVS (drug store). The beach is about 2 blocks and you have to walk over a draw bridge. Right along A1A you will also find a lot of restaurants and shops. You also have the option of taking the water taxi to Las Olas. There is a water taxi stop right at Double Tree Gallery One. If you plan on renting a car, it will cost you about $30 a day for valet parking, it's the only parking offered at the hotel. Most hotels in Fort Lauderdale charge about the same price for daily valet parking, some have cheaper rates for self service parking. If you have any further questions ask away, I hope I can give you the info you need.

Josie, would there be another hotel on the same property (another name that has been taken over by Hilton?) I know we have free parking. That was one thing I was looking out for as we have a car rented. No sure if we are staying at the same place as you??? I have heard good things about both. We booked through Flight Network for this one and got a good deal.

The Double Tree Inn/Gallery One is a Hilton property. The only other Double Tree that I know of in Fort Lauderdale is the Bahia Mar also owned by Hilton, which is closer to Port Everglades thanThe Gallery One. What is the complete name of the property you will be staying at? Alot of these places sound the same and may cause for confusion. I know that both these locations charge for parking, unless somehow it is included in your rate, but I have never seen that.

The Double Tree Inn/Gallery One is a Hilton property. The only other Double Tree that I know of in Fort Lauderdale is the Bahia Mar also owned by Hilton, which is closer to Port Everglades thanThe Gallery One. What is the complete name of the property you will be staying at? Alot of these places sound the same and may cause for confusion. I know that both these locations charge for parking, unless somehow it is included in your rate, but I have never seen that.

Oh ok, just looked at our reservation and our hotel is in Sunrise ;) Sorry about the confusion. This one also has the Mall across the street...lol

Thanks for the info though:)

Oh ok, just looked at our reservation and our hotel is in Sunrise ;) Sorry about the confusion. This one also has the Mall across the street...lol

Thanks for the info though:)

Sorry....don't mean to add more to the confusion, but there is a DoubleTree Inn Sunrise which is across from The Saw Grass Mall, in Sunrise, Fl and there is a DoubleTree Inn/Gallery One on E. Sunrise Blvd, in Fort Lauderdale next to The Galleria Mall.

The Double Tree/Gallery One is two blocks from the beach and about 7 miles from Port Everglades. The Double Tree Sunrise is about 15 miles from the beach and about 17 miles from Port Everglades

The property I have been describing is The Double Tree Gallery One. I have never stayed at The Double Tree Sunrise across from the Sawgrass Mills Mall.

I hope I have cleared up any confusion.

Archived