Thomson Majesty Disaster

It is terrible tragic news. I wonder what they will do with the passengers because as you say wouldn't think the ship will be going anywhere for quite a while.

I thought Dave was only doing one week as the ship is doing the itinerary again except doing Agadir and Lanzarote.

I think Linda mentioned that Dave was on for an extra week I think?

Hi yes its terrible for the crew and families we are stuck here for now they need to issue a swarthy certificate earliest will be late tonight the dockside is teeming with police happened 20 minutes before we came back onboard we thought they were training so sad Dave is still.on here too will update when know more Shirley x

Hi yes its terrible for the crew and families we are stuck here for now they need to issue a swarthy certificate earliest will be late tonight the dockside is teeming with police happened 20 minutes before we came back onboard we thought they were training so sad Dave is still.on here too will update when know more Shirley x

Hello Shirley! Hope all is ok. Must not be nice on board knowing what has happened. Whether you will go onto Madeira then miss out Agadir or something? Let us know if there is any developments. :)

My thoughts go to all concerned in this terrible accident and their families.

My daughter takes part in these drills on a regular basis and I have never given it a second thought. Fortunately she is currnetly at home from the Dream before flying to meet the Spirit in Cyprus on 24th Feb.

What horrible news. :( :(

Thoughts are with the family of the crew. Lets hope stricter measures are put in place so that this incident can't happen again.

Agree sailaway so very tragic, those poor men .

Im sure all passengers will only be thinking of the men involved and their devastated families and not be worried at all about any disruption to their holiday.

As it said the cable broke then surly Thomsons will be in huge trouble won't they?

My heart goes out to all involved and their loved ones.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Shirley for letting us know, hope your ok and Dave too, must be so awful for anyone there. , all so terribly sad x

My thoughts go to all concerned in this terrible accident and their families.

My daughter takes part in these drills on a regular basis and I have never given it a second thought. Fortunately she is currnetly at home from the Dream before flying to meet the Spirit in Cyprus on 24th Feb.

Hi pressy, must have really upset you as your daughter is often involved in similar drills, hope your ok x

Really sorry for the wonderful crew on this and the other Thomson ships. It is the crew that make the difference here, so far away from home and yet always smiling.

I posted a thread only this week wondering why thomsons only use old ships. Here is another reason why they should move away and invest in new ships.

Think someone at Thomsons are going to be in serious trouble!

I think there will be a huge smokescreen between TUI and Louis. Where are the families of those who have lost their lives going to get the money to sue two large organisations.

What is definite is that whoever was to blame for this tragedy is wasnt those poot guys who have lost their lives today.

I think there will be a huge smokescreen between TUI and Louis. Where are the families of those who have lost their lives going to get the money to sue two large organisations.

What is definite is that whoever was to blame for this tragedy is wasnt those poot guys who have lost their lives today.

Well said.

Their families will possibly never be properly compensated not that any amount of money would mean anything at all when you have lost someone you love.

I hope the men's families are treated with great care and great compassion by Louis and Thomson but it just should never have happened.

Archived