Coat hangers?

casbar3

Silly question I know, but will we find enough coat hangers in our cabin....or is it necessary to bring some from home? :confused:

Not something we usually have to think about but we don't normally holiday this way.

It will, at least, put one of our mind's at rest.

Casbar.

:)

Silly question I know, but will we find enough coat hangers in our cabin....or is it necessary to bring some from home? :confused:

Not something we usually have to think about but we don't normally holiday this way.

It will, at least, put one of our mind's at rest.

Casbar.

:)

There are about 20 fixed hangers available in most cabins.

It all depends how much clothing you require to hang I suppose.

Our Steward was wonderful on our recent cruise on Azura.

I asked for a few extra coat hangers and before I knew it about twenty of them appeared on the rail.

I also love Peppermint tea and a whole box appeared one morning after breakfast.

I was very impressed.

If we are cruising from Southampton I pack as much as possible on hangers - the wire sort you get from dry cleaners. It takes much less time unpacking that way. I take out the large wooden hangers from the wardrobe and put them in the case under the bed and then put them back before we leave.

If you want extra hangers ask your steward - I got ours to bring me an extra dozen wire ones on one cruise. We're off on a fly cruise soon so weight is an issue but I will still probably pack as much as possible on hangers. :)

The hangars in the cabins are those with fixed loops on the rail and you have to unhitch the hanger from the loop. Can be very fiddly, especially if you're not very tall. A pack of a dozen lightweight plastic hangers from the pound shop take no room or weight but can be very useful - and you don't even have to bring them home.

Wherever I travel in the World I always take one plastic hanger that has a turnable top with me so that I can hang something up wherever I am staying (usually underwear I am trying to dry overnight) and then whilst on the ship I am able to use it to hang up a shirt or blouse I have washed as things dry without too many creases this way. It is also handy if you need to steam something. The ships hangers are nice solid wooden hangers but they are very fiddly to use. I have never really got on with them and of course you can't move them anywhere ! I liked the suggestion about buying a dozen from the pound shop but I would never have the space. Mind you a trip to the pound shop is a must pre-cruise for people like us who live overseas. I always stock up last minute.

Archived