Kids wristbands on RCL

morvarm

morvarm, the kids are given a wristband with just their muster station. It's not the same electronic wristband as on Disney. It does not keep track of where they are. You have to sign in/out your child each time, on paper. It's a hassle, and inefficient, and I said so on my comment card.

Interesting that the Under 3s didn't get them. I wonder if they had too many screaming once they got them?

Anyway - our experience - on the Freedom class (and I would assume the Oasis class would have it as well) - those enrolled in Adventure Ocean (3 and older) are given electronic bracelets that are signed in and out of their computer. We were told there is an alarm system in them - like a lock down. If the child walked past the doors without being signed out - the hallway doors were locked down (like a baby in a nursery in a hospital).

I haven't personally experienced this system on the older RCI ships. The kids simply wore the muster bands (not electronic).

And as I have said before - RCI is MORE secure than Disney. Anyone can walk around in the Disney kids club. NO ONE is authorized to walk around in the RCI kids club but staff. I don't want just anyone having access to my children ;)

Anyway - our experience - on the Freedom class (and I would assume the Oasis class would have it as well) - those enrolled in Adventure Ocean (3 and older) are given electronic bracelets that are signed in and out of their computer. We were told there is an alarm system in them - like a lock down. If the child walked past the doors without being signed out - the hallway doors were locked down (like a baby in a nursery in a hospital).

This is interesting as on Liberty of the Seas (last week) there were only the muster station wristbands. Signing in and out was on paper.

This is interesting as on Liberty of the Seas (last week) there were only the muster station wristbands. Signing in and out was on paper.

Wow! We had the same system on both Indy and Freedom. But we did those ships during the years they launched so they were new. I wonder if the bracelets aren't now broken? We haven't done Liberty yet. But it sounds like Liberty is doing things like the older ships are.

Thanks for the update! :D

• 2 months later...
Are these wristbands that children are supposed to wear for the entire cruise? I can definitely see my 3 and 5 year old freaking out to get them off!

Our 4 year old wanted it off, first day or so , but when they see all the kids with it on they want it on , and the staff are really good with the kids making it a game , like who can leave it on the longest etc etc

:D

And as I have said before - RCI is MORE secure than Disney. Anyone can walk around in the Disney kids club. NO ONE is authorized to walk around in the RCI kids club but staff. I don't want just anyone having access to my children ;)

this was my number one pet peeve with DCL...granted they could tell me what room she was in (we were on Dream) but I didn't like all those adults walking around with all the rooms, too many chances for trouble IMO. That and the free-for-all of 3-11yo running around. We had just pulled her from a summer camp/daycare that had a similar situation of too many kids, and that's what this seemed to be. As much as she liked cruising, she asked to go back on Allure again, lol.

Archived