Carnival ... answer your damm phone!!

ibcnusoon

it is not that simple. I have managed multiple call centers. It is just not that easy.

You really think Carnival is happy spending mega-money to manage this problem, and watching revenue go out the window because people can not call and give them money?

Really?

Yes really. They should always be prepared for an emergency situation, if there not it shows you what kind of company they are.

OP you seem to be the only one who "can't get through". Anyone else commenting has gotten through, but it does take time and patience.

I took work in a Call Centre environment, and while not in the Travel industry, I can imagine the length of training it would take to get someone 'up to speed' on all things Carnival.

The statement from Carnival last night stated that certain departments were dedicated specifically for the families of those currently on the Triumph. In any emergency situation, you take the identified "Emergency Team" who have been cross-trained for this type of situation (learnt from the Splendor incident) and set them up...this unfortunately takes some of them from their regularly assigned duties.

You cannot, in any situation, staff a call centre without training them first. If you did, then people would be on here complaining about how they were told such and such, or "I know more about the ship than they do", or "Carnival staff couldn't help me because they don't know anything".

The announcement just hit FB that states an additional 12 sailings of the Triumph are now affected...maybe those people are trying to firm up new travel plans ??

Take a deep breath and try the number again, maybe during off-peak hours (4pm, 9pm, 10pm onwards).

Thats because they saw you were an Astros fan and felt sorry for you.;)Go Rangers

They must really feel sorry for me, lol, since I called this afternoon to reschedule and they answered the phone in 10 minutes!

At least there's some perk to being an Astros fan. Because watching quality baseball is not one of them. :rolleyes: ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry I totally disagree with your statement. I called for customer service the agent offered me this "fantastic upgrade" Shame on them PERIOD! I am the customer and I work about 65 hours a week I do not have time to sit there and check behind someone else's work that I am paying for period. If you are going to offer something make sure your offering something worthwhile. IDK anyone who would want a cabin above a nightclub so shame on Carnival for even offering these rooms to make a profit. And guess what someone high up in guest relations agreed with me and that cabin is no longer available. After my honeymoon was ruined I sure made the time to complain.

They made the offer not me!!!!! Not my fault and they agreed with me!

Happy Cruising!

Yes really. They should always be prepared for an emergency situation, if there not it shows you what kind of company they are.

You can prepare. You can plan. You can have all kinds of things. But, NOBODY can be staffed for this. If they had this sort of staff available 365 days a year, you would be paying hundreds more for each cruise. I am sure they will accept your check.

You don't get it.

I have talked to my Carnival PVP 3 times in the last two days. I got through to him immediately twice and the 3rd time left voice mail and received a call back in less than 20 minutes. Additionally I received an email providing further information on my question after the 3rd call.

My PVP states they need to call each passenger who booked through them whose current or upcoming Triumph cruise is affected. Many are trying to rebook on another cruise which adds to the call time.

I agree that it's almost impossible to staff a call center for the extraordinary call volume a situation like this would create.

Archived