Pride drydock - replacing mattresses?

uncletr21

I've read about the drydock and some posts complaining about the beds and assuming they will replace them in drydock but is that a big assumption? I've sailed RCCL a few times after a drydock and they have included the new bedding upgrades in the press release when they were doing them.

Would NCL do it but not have it in the release? Did NCL recently update bedding and that's why it isn't in the drydock?

Thank you.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_090512

I read the same review & was wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anywhere else about bad mattresses except from the one review & they were a first time cruise, not used to the typical way most cruise ships put two twins together to may a king...so I took that negativity with a grain of salt.

If you've read in other areas about the mattresses needing replacing then I'm really interested too. All that I've read about the drydock never mentions mattresses, just flat screen tvs. :confused:

A few years ago NCL upgraded their mattresses, but not sure if it was for all ships. We always ask for one of the foam "egg carton" inserts over the two twins - this cuts down on that "pushed together" ridge in the middle. The room steward has no problem providing this. It is also good for the pull out couch to make it more comfortable.

Mattresses on the PoA are being replaced, but not as a part of the dry dock. The suite changeover is already complete...they are currently working on the balcony cabins.

Thanks, good to know, sounds like insider info.

;)

And thanks MissMet; eggcrates, good to know just in case.

For what it's worth, we were in a Balcony in January 2012 and I didn't have a complaint about the mattresses. They're harder than the water bed and foam mattresses I'm used to at home, but weren't something I ever thought negatively about.

Now staterooms do vary and people do have different preferences when it comes to such things.

Archived