Has your packing list changed? (Inlight of the Triumph)

ShanZro

I always smuggle liquor. Now I'll smuggle extra since they cut off liquor the first couple of days. I always bring a strong flashlight. And now'll I'll start packing a few days extra underwear. :D

I remember years ago being on RCL Rhapsody when we went dead in the water off the coast of Cuba. My buddy who at the time had some 30 cruises under his belt excitedly told me to get all our water bottles and fill them up immediately. After 30 minutes with no air, I was unbelievably hot. Everyone came out of their cabins and were up on deck. Run for water first thing. We were lucky. They regained power and we had no more problems.

I love these threads. They give me ideas and the excuse to buy the camping stuff I wanted anyway!

I already have a travel solar panel ( Goal Zero brand for the person who wanted an iPod charger), but thanks to this and the other 2 threads, the LED light attachment and solar-charging speaker dock are on their way from the internet.

Other than what everyone else is saying - snacks, water, batteries, cards (Uno in my case) I'm finally getting an ac adapter for the handheld ham radio I've had for ages. Even in the best of situations, it would be fun listening. I already have a Leatherman tool, might as well bring it along.

Thinking maybe a few of those giant ziploc /space bags- for clothes. If i see a little battery operated fan or one of those goofy spray bottle/fan misters I'll get one.

As far as the flashlights, I recommend drug/convenience store cheap LED's. They're so bright, I use them as bike headlights -I get at least 4 months on one set of batteries with heavy use in Oregon rain.

I'm glad that this stuff takes up so little space. If my family knew all the stuff I was bringing on board, they'd tease me that I was secretly planning to stay in Alaska over the winter!

I love these threads. They give me ideas and the excuse to buy the camping stuff I wanted anyway!

I already have a travel solar panel ( Goal Zero brand for the person who wanted an iPod charger), but thanks to this and the other 2 threads, the LED light attachment and solar-charging speaker dock are on their way from the inplanning to stay in Alaska over the winter!

Have you had a chance to try your Goal Zero solar panel?

Balcony rooms are bad. I've googled it and you might get smoke backdraft. Get a lower interior room. I've cruised in a 3 day and had one of the luxury riviera rooms. That's your best bet. Hope this helps!!

Uh, sorry, but balcony rooms are NOT bad, not under ANY circumstances. We always stay in a balcony room (we get claustrophobic in those lower interior rooms), and never experienced a "smoke backdraft", whatever that is.

Uh, sorry, but balcony rooms are NOT bad, not under ANY circumstances. We always stay in a balcony room (we get claustrophobic in those lower interior rooms), and never experienced a "smoke backdraft", whatever that is.

I am pretty sure it was humor. :)

I had a balcony cabin last cruise and now never want to go back to interior, but I am lobbying for a cruise this March/April and my hubs is cheap.....I just may have to cave and agree to an interior in order to get HIM to cave and agree to the cruise. hehe

Lol. Didn't mean that bad! I love the passport cards. So much more convenient! I've found it's hard to get passport stamped on board any more. :(

I didn't take it as bad. :)

We got the passport cards to travel to Canada where my husbands family lives, we figured why have a passport just to drive over the boarder..lol. When my husband won the cruise and we found out the card would work for that too we figured why get a passport. Looking back on it now it was kind of stupid of us to not have a passport. I have a cronic illness and if I had a relapse I would need treatment ASAP and a passport card wouldn't get me to where I needed. So the next cruise we will for sure have passports.

I am looking for a solar iphone 5 charger that will also charge my ipad. The one advertised on tv got horrible reviews. Other than that I already pack the flashlight, playing cards, power strip and we bring a 12 pack and bottle of wine each on.

My wife and I also plan on purchasing a solar charger to keep our flashlights, cell phones, and iPad topped up. The challenge is finding one compact enough to carry in my backpack.

So far I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, as with all purchases it's best to read the reviews:

Affordable http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00449U3K0/

I would rather purchase this from CostCo however it's not available online, only at your local CostCo during their infrequent road shows.

We'll also add meal replacement bars, an extra flashlight, moist wipes, more hand sanitizer and a full roll of toilet paper.

I received it as a Christmas present, so sadly, very little sun to be had since then. I've tested one time to make sure everything works, but not much use since then. I originally bought it for long bicycle rides, so it's almost the time of year to give it more testing :-D. What I can say about it is that it's the sturdiest charger I've had. The less expensive ones tend to be on the delicate side.

By the way, I'm pretty sure my mother bought it for me at Costco- It's the smaller, more bike basket friendly version of the panel DanishDonut posted.

Our packing list changed slightly after Concordia. At that time we added flashlights, dh insisted on the headlamp type also, and ziplock baggies. We always bring a game and books. This time we are adding snacks and baby wipes. The thought of all those days without a shower are more than I can handle. Baby wipes will be second best. ;)

Since Concordia we keep our passports, wallets, and cell phones in the ziplock baggies inside the safe.

These are just precautions. We feel perfectly safe and excited for each and everyone of our cruises. We are also hoping that this brings the prices down. ;)

I've always taken 7 extra days of medications. I also had a long flight delay a while back and my cell phone went dead. I have an Iphone so I bought a Mophie Juice pack, which serves as a case and also more than doubles battery charge.

I've gotten some great ideas from this thread. Thanks everyone.

Archived