transportation to Horseshoe Bay

cruisingrus

Since the buses run every 30 minutes, you could use the bus on the third day. Just make sure you leave Horseshoe Bay by about 2 PM. That would put you back at the Dockyard by 2:30 PM. With a liesurly walk back to the ship, you still would have about an hour extra time. The bus passes are the best deal in Bermuda. The price is going up 25% this year but the three day pass is still only $35 per person. That covers the ferries and the buses. Last year the prices were $12, $20, $28. If you buy the two day pass, the days must be consecutive. You cannot use it on day 1&3, only on 1&2 or 2&3.

There are bus tokens that run $4.50 and Ticket books that had, I believe 15 tickets in them that multiple people could use. Lots of options with the Bermuda Bus Passes.

We are only there for the day....want to go to Horseshoe.....

So, the best would be to purchase 2 tokens per person to get there and back?

And you purchase the tokens where.....

Thanks.....

We are only there for the day....want to go to Horseshoe.....

So, the best would be to purchase 2 tokens per person to get there and back?

And you purchase the tokens where.....

Thanks.....

If you are only in Bermuda for one day, and will be only using the bus to go back and forth to Horseshoe Bay then it would be cost effective to buy tokens. Tokens can be purchased at the Visitor Information Center which is in the building you will enter just after exiting the cruise ship.

SBtS

If you are only in Bermuda for one day, and will be only using the bus to go back and forth to Horseshoe Bay then it would be cost effective to buy tokens. Tokens can be purchased at the Visitor Information Center which is in the building you will enter just after exiting the cruise ship.

SBtS

Thanks...that's all we need to do....

If you were planning to walk between HSB and Gibb's Lighthouse which would you go to first?

Is the earliest bus out of Dockyard to HSB at 8:20AM on the #7 or does anyone see an earlier time/bus, or does the express bus start earlier than that?

Thanks in advance!

If you were planning to walk between HSB and Gibb's Lighthouse which would you go to first?

Is the earliest bus out of Dockyard to HSB at 8:20AM on the #7 or does anyone see an earlier time/bus, or does the express bus start earlier than that?

Thanks in advance!

When I walked it, I did Gibbs first then Horseshoe Bay. The reason I did it that way was I wanted to spend max time at HSB and not be concerned with the operating schedule at Gibbs. Plus I might be too tired after HSB to do Gibbs.

BTW, Gibbs opens at 9:00 AM which fits perfectly with the bus at 8:20AM bus from the Dockyard.

The 8:20AM route #7 bus is the first for HSB

SBtS

It sounds like people are taking taxi's to HSB quite frequently. Do you think if one wanted to leave HSB around noon that they would be OK just waiting for a taxi to drop someone off?

We will be staying at the Fairmont Southampton and I'm not sure if the public buses are a good alternate option since most people here are inquiring about getting back to the dock. ;)

It sounds like people are taking taxi's to HSB quite frequently. Do you think if one wanted to leave HSB around noon that they would be OK just waiting for a taxi to drop someone off?

We will be staying at the Fairmont Southampton and I'm not sure if the public buses are a good alternate option since most people here are inquiring about getting back to the dock. ;)

Your hotel is nearby Horseshoe Bay and has a private beach right next to Horseshoe Bay. You could walk there. But yes, there are taxis all the time there.

Archived