transportation to Horseshoe Bay

cruisingrus

There is a direct bus to Horseshoe Bay and back or take the number 7 bus.

Do you know how often the direct bus runs between Horseshoe Bay and the Dock Yard? We were thinking of taking Celebrity's excursion that gives you 3 hours at the beach. The cost is around $25 per person but would prefer to save mone and take the direct bus depending on the departure times.

Do you know how often the direct bus runs between Horseshoe Bay and the Dock Yard? We were thinking of taking Celebrity's excursion that gives you 3 hours at the beach. The cost is around $25 per person but would prefer to save mone and take the direct bus depending on the departure times.

The regularly scheduled route #7 bus departs the Dockyard about every 30 minutes weekdays and Saturdays and returns to the Dockyard on the same schedule; Sundays and holidays have reduced schedules. There are direct unscheduled buses to Horseshoe Bay which depart when they become full.

You will find the bus schedule here: http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_18606_252_993_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/public_transportation_board/bus_schedules/bus_schedule11.pdf

SBtS

Wow 28.00 for two people thats alot how far is this beach?

The distance from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay is about 10 miles, but taxis in Bermuda are expensive. There is, I believe, a fixed rate fare of $7.00 PP only available for the Dockyard <> Horseshoe Bay run, but most taxi drivers try to fill (6 passengers) the taxi for the trip.

SBtS

Taking a cab is really senseless. The buses are constantly running around the island right from the pier. Depending upon how long you are in Bermuda, you can buy a 1, 2, or 3 day pass and go around the island at your leisure. You cannot get lost ...which is another reason we love Bermuda.

Where ever you are...just stand on the corner and a bus will be there soon. It is sort of like a hop on...hop off system.

I understand that there is a hill which must be navigated to get to Horseshoe beach. I have an elderly Mom who would like to see the beach but is not an endurance walker. Would a taxi drop us off at the bottom of the hill and close to the actual beach? She also might have a problem with getting on a bus so maybe a taxi would be the solution.

I understand that there is a hill which must be navigated to get to Horseshoe beach. I have an elderly Mom who would like to see the beach but is not an endurance walker. Would a taxi drop us off at the bottom of the hill and close to the actual beach? She also might have a problem with getting on a bus so maybe a taxi would be the solution.

A taxi would drop you close to the beach. The walk would be less than 100 yards. I believe there are view points from overlooks on South Rd.

SBtS

The bus stop is about 100 yard from the ship. As far as the "hill" goes, yes.....there is a pretty big hill to walk down and back up. BUT.....there are shuttle buses at the top and at the bottom of the hill for anyone that cannot get up and down. We took it UP the hill once.....(just too lazy to walk up it)....lol.

If you feel your mom cannot walk from the ship to the bus stop, then maybe you would be better off with a cab. Was just trying to save $$ for everyone. Good luck and have a great time. :o

How much is the bus pp? Any difference in cost for adults and children?

If I remember correctly (have not been there since last Spring)...it was $28 for the THREE day pass. You can purchase 1, 2 or 3 day passes.

This takes you all over the Island...all day...hop on...hop off.

For kids...I am sorry...I do not know. Maybe someone else will know.

If I remember correctly (have not been there since last Spring)...it was $28 for the THREE day pass. You can purchase 1, 2 or 3 day passes.

This takes you all over the Island...all day...hop on...hop off.

For kids...I am sorry...I do not know. Maybe someone else will know.

Kids are half price and 5 and under are free. Don't know up to what age is considered a kid price, schedule not handy at the moment.

Thanks for all the information.

We probably will get 6 2 day passes as we will try to stay near the dockyard on the embarkation day and there is a lot to do there. Hoping to get a blue flag guided tour for maybe 3 hours on the Sunday we arrive as I would like to have my Mom (and the rest of us) see some of the island and hear what it has to offer from a resident's perspective before we go off exploring. Can't get that from the buses or the ferry.

• 1 month later...
The distance from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay is about 10 miles, but taxis in Bermuda are expensive. There is, I believe, a fixed rate fare of $7.00 PP only available for the Dockyard <> Horseshoe Bay run, but most taxi drivers try to fill (6 passengers) the taxi for the trip.

SBtS

There will be 5 of us. I saw on another thread a private shuttle bus that charges $15 pp round trip to the beaches. Are we better off pre-arranging this or taking any taxi at the Dockyard? Buses are not an option. We are planning this for our last port day and the ship leaves at 4:30 so we have a time limit.

We are planning on taking the ferry to Tobacco Bay on our full over night day since I read somewhere that is the better thing to do so we do not have to worry about time.

Since the buses run every 30 minutes, you could use the bus on the third day. Just make sure you leave Horseshoe Bay by about 2 PM. That would put you back at the Dockyard by 2:30 PM. With a liesurly walk back to the ship, you still would have about an hour extra time. The bus passes are the best deal in Bermuda. The price is going up 25% this year but the three day pass is still only $35 per person. That covers the ferries and the buses. Last year the prices were $12, $20, $28. If you buy the two day pass, the days must be consecutive. You cannot use it on day 1&3, only on 1&2 or 2&3.

There are bus tokens that run $4.50 and Ticket books that had, I believe 15 tickets in them that multiple people could use. Lots of options with the Bermuda Bus Passes.

There will be 5 of us.....Buses are not an option. We are planning this for our last port day and the ship leaves at 4:30 so we have a time limit.

Since the buses run every 30 minutes, you could use the bus on the third day. Just make sure you leave Horseshoe Bay by about 2 PM. .......

Just sayin'

There will be 5 of us. I saw on another thread a private shuttle bus that charges $15 pp round trip to the beaches. Are we better off pre-arranging this or taking any taxi at the Dockyard? Buses are not an option. We are planning this for our last port day and the ship leaves at 4:30 so we have a time limit.

We are planning on taking the ferry to Tobacco Bay on our full over night day since I read somewhere that is the better thing to do so we do not have to worry about time.

You could take a bus but since there are five I think sharing a taxi makes sense. Sharing a taxi for five should run you about $7 or $8 per person each way. The only reason to pre arrrange a taxi would be that you need a taxi that accomodates up to six. Some taxis are four and some six. Never had any problem getting a taxi for six without pre arranging but only had six two of my Bermuda cruises.

Does HSB have an opening or closing time?

The beach is always there. The lifeguards are on duty from 10 am to 6 pm. I don't know about the facilities but I have been there as early as nine and the facilities were open. Never stayed past 5 and the facilities were still open.

Archived