RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

I was wondering if anything on RSVP becomes clothing optional on their cruises? We have never been on a cruise, but have done a some gay travel...seems there is one clothing optional area around a pool or deck is usually available. Is this true for these types of cruises? Thanks!

I was wondering if anything on RSVP becomes clothing optional on their cruises? We have never been on a cruise, but have done a some gay travel...seems there is one clothing optional area around a pool or deck is usually available. Is this true for these types of cruises? Thanks!

There is a clothing optional sun deck somewhere on the ship. On HAL it was the top, most forward deck. Not sure where it would be on the Divina.

Edited by Boytjie

Soooooooo... I am packing away summer stuff and unpacking winter stuff. Some basic summer things are going into two suitcases:

• Carry-on for a long weekend in Ft. Lauderdale a month from now when we will have to opportunity to go aboard the MSC Divina in Miami for lunch and a look-see.
  • Large roll on for RSVP charter on MSC Divina in February 2014.

Instead of packing all summer clothes away and digging it out in February I am pre-packing. :)

Starting too early?! :D

Edited by Boytjie

Hoping the rest of you guys a great time, on a new huge ship for RSVP, and can't wait to read Bradpole's review!

Thank you, I had no intention of doing the review I did of the 2013 Eurodam cruise. It was only after reading that the veteran HAL cruisers were curious about happens on a charter cruise I didn't the review.

We're strongly considering booking the Divinia for the very next cruise after the RSVP Charter for a back to back. If we do I'll be sure to do a compare and contrast between the charter experience and the regular MSC experience for those who are interested.

My partner sent me pics from the entrance into the Port, but I'm not sure how to post them….

It depends on how big the pictures are. If they are smallish, they can be attached by clicking on the paperclip icon. If they are uploaded to a website you can insert it by clicking on the yellow square icon.

Later tonight I will try to post my screen captures from the Port of Miami webcam this morning.

Edited by Boytjie

Hello all,

Just made final payment on this cruise and am extremely excited to try RSVP again after six Atlantis cruises. My last RSVP cruise was the still very memorable Mayan Sun cruise in 2001 out of Galveston for ten glorious days on the very threadworn Carnival MS Celebration. Though the Atlantis cruises were an absolute blast, I still have a fondness for my RSVP experiences as they were my first and second cruises ever. MSC looks like an interesting line and seems to be making some nice changes to our ship for its Caribbean outings. I'm bringing a young friend who is a cruise virgin and have several leather brothers on the ship who convinced me to book. This should be a fantastic cruise!

Todd

Hello all,

Just made final payment on this cruise and am extremely excited to try RSVP again after six Atlantis cruises. My last RSVP cruise was the still very memorable Mayan Sun cruise in 2001 out of Galveston for ten glorious days on the very threadworn Carnival MS Celebration. Though the Atlantis cruises were an absolute blast, I still have a fondness for my RSVP experiences as they were my first and second cruises ever. MSC looks like an interesting line and seems to be making some nice changes to our ship for its Caribbean outings. I'm bringing a young friend who is a cruise virgin and have several leather brothers on the ship who convinced me to book. This should be a fantastic cruise!

Todd

Welcome back, Todd!

We really should have some sacrificial ceremony for cruise virgins...

Cool ads! Thanks for posting Peter! Guess we may finally get to meet on this cruise--yay. And totally agree with some sort of virgin intiation/sacrifice. One of the best and funniest memories of the Mayan Sun cruise was during one T-dance when six very woofy "native" men in loincloths "sacrificed" a drag queen witch doctor by throwing him into the main pool. It was very ceremonial and involved very little blood-letting though I think the bodybuilders caused some serious blood pressure swings . . .

Is there any place to find out advance details on parties/themes/entertainment?

Todd

Cool ads! Thanks for posting Peter! Guess we may finally get to meet on this cruise--yay. And totally agree with some sort of virgin intiation/sacrifice. One of the best and funniest memories of the Mayan Sun cruise was during one T-dance when six very woofy "native" men in loincloths "sacrificed" a drag queen witch doctor by throwing him into the main pool. It was very ceremonial and involved very little blood-letting though I think the bodybuilders caused some serious blood pressure swings . . .

Is there any place to find out advance details on parties/themes/entertainment?

Todd

Yes, it will be nice to meet in RL :)

You know the Atlantis drill by now: parties, themes and entertainment are all announced just a few weeks before the cruise. RSVP used to give us more advance notice about the themes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Getting excited now that the cruise is around the corner. I made reservations at the Worthington Guest House and was wondering if anyone has advice for transportation from the Worthington to the port. Will we need to go back to the airport?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Mike

I just read that MSC Divina has a new web app for chatting, finding friends, and booking services that can be used on board:

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/About-MSC-Cruises/News/MSC-Divina-Traveler-Web-App.aspx

If you try it, let us know how it works. (I wonder if apps like Grindr can be used on the ship?...)

I just read that MSC Divina has a new web app for chatting, finding friends, and booking services that can be used on board:

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/About-MSC-Cruises/News/MSC-Divina-Traveler-Web-App.aspx

If you try it, let us know how it works. (I wonder if apps like Grindr can be used on the ship?...)

I tried to download the app, but couldn't find it.

I tried to download the app, but couldn't find it.

According to a post from MSC on the MSC boards this app is only available on board and it loads automatically when opening up a browser on a smart phone when on board--you just enter your internet ID (on your cruise card). You do not need to pay for Wi-Fi to use the app.

I also read it as though the app is available when onboard. There is an RSVP app for the 2014 cruise for iphone (search for 'RSVP cruise 2014').

You may be able to use Grindr (but why? everybody is right there!) but ship's wifi is slow and expensive.

Wow, party themes announced!

Heart-On T-Dance

Valentine's Day may be over, but “Cupid” is still hard at work! Find out who's taken and who's available at our first T-Dance of the week. RSVP will provide the hearts: a red heart sticker means you're taken and a white heart means you're open to love.

Yo Ho!

Shiver me timbers, matey! Whether you’re a buccaneer, a wench, or an Old Salt, it’s time to grab your booty and hit the poop deck for AAAAARRRRRSVP’s tribute to all things pirate! Landlubbers welcome.

Baywatch T-Dance

Picture itsummer 1989. The Hoff and Pamela Anderson running slow-mo down the beach. It's time to go back! At our Baywatch T-Dance, we'll return to the 80s and 90s with your favorite video hits of all time!

RSVP Costume Contest/Party - Glamorous Divas & The Paparazzi

Whether you’re participating or just watching the show, you’ll see why this is one of the most popular RSVP events. Let your imagination soar as anything goes. The most creative costume wins a $1000 credit toward a future RSVP cruise. Second place is a $500 credit, and third place is a $250 credit. If you choose to be a spectator for this event, we're counting on you to be our official paparazziso get those cameras ready and dress to be press!

The Dark Side

We all have one. What’s yours? Reveal a little (or a lot) of your darker side. Leather is one direction but everyone has their own path. Where will this night take you? Voyeurs in the shadows essential.

Gold T-Dance

Every rainbow ends with a pot o’ gold and this rainbow week is no different. Our traditional Color T-Dance brings our diverse community together in one final golden celebration as the sun sets on the largest and most spectacular cruise in our history.

Edited by Boytjie