RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

Thanks! I had an old account somewhere - but lost it.

Sometimes a fresh start is a good thing LOL

Well, welcome back then. :D

How many RSVP cruises have you done? Perhaps we have met before?

Well, welcome back then. :D

How many RSVP cruises have you done? Perhaps we have met before?

Quite possible. Two RSVP and one Atlantis. This will be third RSVP (you can see where my heart lies).

Last one was on in February 2010 on the Eurodam - so maybe we have!

Before that I did the October 2009 on Norwegian out of LA

Quite possible. Two RSVP and one Atlantis. This will be third RSVP (you can see where my heart lies).

Last one was on in February 2010 on the Eurodam - so maybe we have!

Before that I did the October 2009 on Norwegian out of LA

You should be able to see my list of cruises in my signature - we were indeed on the 2010 Eurodam cruise. Were you at the CC meet-and-greet?

Just sent in my reservation to my travel agent - looking forward to returning to my regularly scheduled February Cruises after taking two years off to buy a house!! YAY!!

Good for you! Who did you end up booking through?

I'm staying open to it, as well. Our first RSVP cruise was the 2009 Mexican Riviera on NCL's Star. To hear some people speak of that trip, you'd almost think that we were on a barge with military rations and porta-potties. In actuality, the trip was good enough to easily convince us to book for the Caribbean in 2010 (and I went into that cruise thinking I would be underwhelmed). There's no question that HAL offers a great experience. But if RSVP can grow its client base to fill a bigger ship, I'm behind them 100%.

I totally remember that trip. I was not a fan of the Star, but I had an amazing time on the cruise. It was still way better than sitting behind my computer at work dreaming of cruising LOL.

Just got an email from my TA:

"I wanted to update you on the 2014 RSVP Caribbean Cruise. According to Rich Campbell of RSVP and Atlantis they are very close resolving the contract issues. Rich stated that "working with an Italian based company has been slower than expected". They hope to be charging deposits with in the next 10 days."
Edited by Boytjie

Maybe if you spent more time at home loading the dishwasher instead of eating out at every restaurant within 50 miles of Rehoboth... :D

We ate at home tonight!!!! Of course, it was leftovers from the restaurant last night! LOL :)

To which Bob commented: "So, I guess that means we are going on the cruise after all? Still not sure.

Several friends and I signed up from the last RSVP Eurodam cruise. The cruise is still not listed on their RSVP website.

Several friends and I signed up from the last RSVP Eurodam cruise. The cruise is still not listed on their RSVP website.

There are several of us who also siged up on the Eurodam and we have quite a few friends who want to book this MSC Divina sailing for next year. We were told last week that RSVP is redoing their site and that the 2014 Sailing will be posted on the new site shortly. They have a lot of cabins to sell between now and sailing time so I am sure they'll be making a big push shortly.

We are booked on their The Legendary Danube Riverboat Cruise from Prague to Budapest July 29 to August 09, 2013 and are wating for undates on that sailing as well.

I called RSVP yesterday to ask some questions about deposits and The Yacht Club. Good thing I did because I uncoverd two mistakes on their part. One was they lost reservation of my friends Frank and John who booked with us on the Eurodam. Frank and John call Don and RSVP with the reciept they were giving on board the Eurodam. It was signed by Nick. Their cabin had already been sold to someone else. RSVP was able to get them another cabin in the Yacht Club area even though theier site says those cabins are sold out. Next thing is I was over charge on the invoice sent to my Travel Agent. They change the prices from the flyer we were giving on board. They discount they gove me of the current prices was more than the "On Board" prices showed. RSVP sent out new invoices and problems has been corrected. Everyone might want to check theirs.

Don also found out that passengers in the "Yacht Club" area are NOT allowed to have friends or guest in the area with them. This is MSC's policy and the powers to be at RSVP are going to see if that can be waived for our charter. I am sure lot of those who booked the "Yacht Club" would like to invite friends to spend some time with them. Except for a few suits most of the "Yacht Club" balcony cabins are only 10 sq. ft larger than the Standard Balcony Cabins yet cost twice as much. It should be interesting to see how this will all work out.