Cozumel with Kids

Texaslady22

We'll be going to Cozumel for the first time in May with Carnival. We will have 3 children; 6, 3, and just-turned 1 year old. We want something easy-going with amenities to keep our kids entertained.

We saw Playa Mia and thought that would be perfect. Our oldest 2 would be entertained on the waterpark for hours, I'm sure!

We also saw El Cid through Cozumelforaday and are considering it, too. We like that it's walking distance from port.

Playa Mia would require an extra ticket for our 6 year old and a cab ride. El Cid would be less expensive and includes lunch! However, would there be enough to keep our kids entertained at El Cid?

What other options should we consider?

Paradise Beach is pay-as-you-go, very family friendly, and only $2 each for chairs; nice beach, good food and service, huge pool, and clean/updated facilities. Taxi for your crew of 5 will be about $15-20 each way. Good luck! :)

We stopped in to El Cid for drinks last week. It is a very short walk from the port, and very pretty. It overlooks the ships and has a pool and snorkeling. I don't know how much more they have there to entertain little ones. If you wanted to venture to Chankanaab, you pay to enter the park, but there are dolphins to see, a sea lion show, botanical gardens and a kid friendly beach and pool. I think if you get there yourself (easy taxi from port) the admission is 21 per adult, not sure on kids price. You can find their website if you google dolphin discovery cozumel.

El Cid you pay $16 to use their faciliies and you get a $10 credit back for food. you can go to my FB page at P e nn y L o g a n under albums I have pictures. They have a swallow wade area in the pool, a salt water pool and area to go down on the rocky area to snorkel. about 2-3 block to the left of Playa Marta pier

We'll be going to Cozumel for the first time in May with Carnival. We will have 3 children; 6, 3, and just-turned 1 year old. We want something easy-going with amenities to keep our kids entertained.

We saw Playa Mia and thought that would be perfect. Our oldest 2 would be entertained on the waterpark for hours, I'm sure!

We also saw El Cid through Cozumelforaday and are considering it, too. We like that it's walking distance from port.

Playa Mia would require an extra ticket for our 6 year old and a cab ride. El Cid would be less expensive and includes lunch! However, would there be enough to keep our kids entertained at El Cid?What other options should we consider?

Next door to El Cid is Park Royal which has much nicer swimming pools and a play area for the kids. Not sure if there would be a charge for the 3 year old or not, you would need to check with hotel direct. Day passes are bought from reception and are from 11am 6pm. Day passes can also be bought directly from reception at El Cid and used to be less direct than Cozumelforaday for AI. El Cid also had a $15 pass to include pools, WiFi and $10 food voucher. Google Park Royal, Cozumel for futher photos and email reservations for current prices.

Archived