White Board for Cabin Door?

careycouponer

We just got back from our family reunion cruise on the Paradise last week. I printed 8x10 picture posters for the doors, used magnets for the back. We also had the dry erase boards. We cruised with 31people, 11 cabins. They came in handy. People may also leave messages, will the person who won $300 at black jack please stand up. No one in our group. They were so happy about winning they shared the news with us. The board came in handy as we had kids who told us where they were going to be.

Anything with a slick finish will work as a whiteboard. I used a stopsign in college, until the police confiscated it. I've also used the blank CD's that are on top of a canister (the clear ones) Clear book covers will also work, and not leave residue, as they're meant to stick to books and be peeled off later.

Just bought one for our freg. Yes they are cheap at the dollar store. It didn't break the bank. Don't remember the cost but I do think it was under $7.

I have seen people use them. Many people also decorate their doors, letting people know why they are on the cruise....

These dry erase boards are sold at most stores. Target and Walmart sell them for about $5. Most come with magnets and tape. I don't think they would like tape used on the walls.

A lot of surfaces can be used as a dry erase board is you use a dry erase marker, but eventually it will get pretty messy.

Another option is Wall-pops, they're sold at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target etc. They are like a dry-erase sticker, very popular in dorms where you are not supposed to mark up the walls. They can be peeled off and re-used and leave no residue, I have seen them on clearance at both stores before and DD has several in her dorm.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=124884&RN=2197&BTSMode=true&

On our last 2 Carnival cruises (on Conquest and Splendor) we took magnetic white boards, but the door to the room was NOT magnetic so the board wasn't usable there. The walls BESIDE the doors in the halls were magnetic. (We did use the white board inside our cabin since the cabin walls are magnetic)

Edited by RayJacki

Bought a small whiteboard at a drug store dollar bin. It had both a magnet and an adhesive strip on the back- I used the strip on our door and the residue came off easily with a finger rub. We changed our message on the board often.

• 2 years later...
Hi, I will be on the Oasis for the first time in May.

I was wondering about the doors - so they are magnetic?

What about interior walls?

Thanks,

Linda

Oakville, Ont. CA

There may be some on this thread that have sailed Oasis, but you might be better off posting this on the RCCL board, not the Carnival board.

We always decorate our doors but one year we had a small dry erase board on the one door because we had 4 rooms and it made it easy for all of us to leave notes where we were. It worked great the first day or 2 and then someone started leaving obscene notes and very graphic pictures on it. At first it was funny, but they did it several times a day and were erasing the notes we were leaving for each other so we finally took it down. It got super annoying after the first couple of times.