Cabin Selection - Constellation

Janner13

We are looking to travel aboard the Constellation on 31/7/2013.

we'll be booking a balcony cabin but We don't want views of lifeboats.

Is deck 6 or 8 better?

Suggestions??

I just got off today and was in 8146, nice balcony room near the elevators and the balcony was a bit larger due to the location.

The higher you are the less likely you see them. I'd go for deck 8 of the options you provided. Keep in mind that if you book a Conceirge or Aqua cabin on deck 8/9, you will have a larger cabin than the standard verandah cabins.

Another option is forward. We have one of the sweet sixteen staterooms (6035) booked on deck 6 on our up coming cruise on Millennium. These are the first 8 balcony cabins on each side back from the bow. They all have larger balconies.

Joe

Hi we are going on the Consellation March 9 and have an aft cabin...can you tell me anything about the Consdellation?

I just got off today and was in 8146, nice balcony room near the elevators and the balcony was a bit larger due to the location.

Since the OP termed what they are looking for as a "balcony cabin" I am presuming that they mean non-cc class and on deck 8 are only considering the forward balcony cabins. Is that right?

As Jope PDX explained the "sweet sixteen" (search that term on these boards for a complete description) are 16 cabins on Deck 6 with balconies that are about twice as deep (due to ship design). I prefer the 4 further aft of these namely 6024 - 6030 starboard & 6029 - 6035 port side.

However, the sweet 16 are directly above the Main Theater where the nightly shows are performed. Don't know if you hear anyhing from the shows (or rehearsals) in the cabin....but if you turn in early you might consider looking into that.

Deck 8 forward of the elevators is a real nice dead-end quiet hall with few rooms. I would stay away from 8030, 8029 & 8031. They are each oposite a crew entrance to a large crew work area with freight elevator. That's what's in the white space on the deck plan there.

Also the forward view of the very first balcony room is blocked by the most forward (non-balcony) room. So I would probably not take the first or maybe second balcony room for that reason. So, if I could get 8014, 8018 or 8022 on starboard or 8017 or 8021 on the port side I would be happy there.

Also aft of the forward elevator rooms 8040 & 8042 + 8041 & 8043 on the port side are also something I would book. Our very first X cruise we took a guarantee and were assigned 8040. We have been on 7 more X cruises cause we had such a great time. Nice room location.

Sorry for all the detailed specifics but I hope it helps you out.

BTW, why not consider deck 7. Lots of balcony rooms there and many are mid ship and above the lifeboats?

As Joe PDX explained the "sweet sixteen" (search that term on these boards for a complete description) are 16 cabins on Deck 6 with balconies that are about twice as deep (due to ship design). I prefer the 4 further aft of these namely 6024 - 6030 starboard & 6029 - 6035 port side.

However, the sweet 16 are directly above the Main Theater where the nightly shows are performed. Don't know if you hear anyhing from the shows (or rehearsals) in the cabin....but if you turn in early you might consider looking into that.

We sailed in 6003 this past August, which is directly above the stage and didn't hear a thing from the main theater, either during shows or during the day when rehearsals were taking place.

Joe

Since the OP termed what they are looking for as a "balcony cabin" I am presuming that they mean non-cc class and on deck 8 are only considering the forward balcony cabins. Is that right?

As Jope PDX explained the "sweet sixteen" (search that term on these boards for a complete description) are 16 cabins on Deck 6 with balconies that are about twice as deep (due to ship design). I prefer the 4 further aft of these namely 6024 - 6030 starboard & 6029 - 6035 port side.

Deck 8 forward of the elevators is a real nice dead-end quiet hall with few rooms. I would stay away from 8030, 8029 & 8031. They are each oposite a crew entrance to a large crew work area with freight elevator. That's what's in the white space on the deck plan there.

Also the forward view of the very first balcony room is blocked by the most forward (non-balcony) room. So I would probably not take the first or maybe second balcony room for that reason. So, if I could get 8014, 8018 or 8022 on starboard or 8017 or 8021 on the port side I would be happy there.

Also aft of the forward elevator rooms 8040 & 8042 + 8041 & 8043 on the port side are also something I would book. Our very first X cruise we took a guarantee and were assigned 8040. We have been on 7 more X cruises cause we had such a great time. Nice room location.

Sorry for all the detailed specifics but I hope it helps you out.

BTW, why not consider deck 7. Lots of balcony rooms there and many are mid ship and above the lifeboats?

I today posted a question about Millennium cabin 8041/8043 and notice that you give it a mention here. I gather with the Constellation, Infintiy and Millennium being "sister ships" (forgive me if I'm wrong, I.m new to Celebrity) did you have any problem with the "window washing platform" as was mentioned some time back on the Infinity. No doubt they still have to wash windows, so I.m wondering where it is stored now. Can you help please

and thanks?

Archived