The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Question that I haven't seen answered...

On other lines you can get the drink of the day in a non-souvenir glass for cheaper then in a souvenir glass.

The Cheers program states no promoted drinks.

Can I get a funship special on embarkation day without the souvenir glass and have it charged to the cheers card or not?

Reason I ask is if not i may not buy until day 2 as they are my favorite carnival drink

They don't have the souvenir glasses any more on carnival. But if you buy the cheers package on day 2, anything on day 1 is irrelevant.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Going to nassau, st.thomas, tortalo, antigua are they U.S.A ports? Plus my brother and i are rooming together but have seperate folio accounts does that still mean he would have to buy the program like me? Sure would love to know before we leave next Sat.

On Carnival Magic in January, and as a Brit I was wondering if Cider was sold on board? I'm not really a beer (or lager as we call it) fan and may have to drink my way through the beer menu until I find one that I like best. Looking forward to trying the Red Frog Brew though! :D

Question that I haven't seen answered...

On other lines you can get the drink of the day in a non-souvenir glass for cheaper then in a souvenir glass.

The Cheers program states no promoted drinks.

Can I get a funship special on embarkation day without the souvenir glass and have it charged to the cheers card or not?

Reason I ask is if not i may not buy until day 2 as they are my favorite carnival drink

You can get the funship special anyway and it is included it is just the specialty coffee, milkshakes, ect or cups that are part of the "excluded specialty drink". They are not referring to the drink of the day.

Edited by karinvt

Going to nassau, st.thomas, tortalo, antigua are they U.S.A ports? Plus my brother and i are rooming together but have seperate folio accounts does that still mean he would have to buy the program like me? Sure would love to know before we leave next Sat.

St Thomas IS a US port. Yes he will still have to buy if he is 21 or over.

Edited by karinvt

If I may ask a cruise that's Thursday to Monday is charged for 4 days or 5 days?
If by thursday to monday you mean from noon time on thursday till 9 am on monday, then you're only charged for 4 days, because you're on the ship for 4 nights.

• 4 weeks later...
If I may ask a cruise that's Thursday to Monday is charged for 4 days or 5 days?

You will be charged for the number of dates you're on the ship. Debarktion day does not count since you're getting off the ship that day. You would be charged for 4 Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

On Carnival Magic in January, and as a Brit I was wondering if Cider was sold on board? I'm not really a beer (or lager as we call it) fan and may have to drink my way through the beer menu until I find one that I like best. Looking forward to trying the Red Frog Brew though! :D

Strongbow and Angry Orchard (crisp) are being rolled out to all ships - the Magic should have them by your cruise. :)

I found the "definitive cheers thread" but its WAY too long...

In the beginning it says that ONLY non-alcoholic frozen drinks are included in the program...

but we had friends on the Magic a couple weeks ago use their cheers program the whole week for Pina coladas etc.

Now I am confused and not sure if I should buy on the Dream or not?

Do frozen drinks have to be non alcoholic?

Do frozen drinks have to be non alcoholic?

no, alcoholic frozen drinks are included. ANY alcoholic drink less than $10 is included.

so are the non-alcoholic ones, and those virgin versions would not count against your 15 drink limit.

• 1 month later...
Anyone on the Legend lately and partake in the Cheers Program? Is it still at the lower price point, or did they raise it up now that they are back in the USA?

Thanks!

Sailed October 24, 2013 and used Cheers program. The price was raised to the same as the rest of the USA sailings.

Sounds like port days are good to stock up in case you may get shut off.

Sounds like you should save your 2 bottles of wine for when you may get shut off.

Sounds like you should start drinking fosters or Long island ice teas or martinis if you get to , say, 12 drinks in case you may get shut off.

Sounds like smuggling a bit is a good idea, since you get free mixer, in case you may get shut off.

Hope I don't get shut off.......

Sounds like port days are good to stock up in case you may get shut off.

Sounds like you should save your 2 bottles of wine for when you may get shut off.

Sounds like you should start drinking fosters or Long island ice teas or martinis if you get to , say, 12 drinks in case you may get shut off.

Sounds like smuggling a bit is a good idea, since you get free mixer, in case you may get shut off.

Hope I don't get shut off.......

If you don't want to get shut off, then you can take the blinders off and book a cruise on Celebrity and there are 4 great reasons to.

1. No 15 drink limit per day

2. No everyone over 21 in the cabin has to purchase rule

3. Packages include more items

4. Classic package is free, premium upgrade is only 11.50 per day if you book a cruise before 2/28/14 and take it by 3/31/15.

Well, we actually like Carnival, and the cruise we booked is 250 pp less and out of a cheaper port to fly to. Bos-Miami vs bos-mco or tpa

The cost of the Cheers program will put you back 400 per person over 7 days, so you would save 150 if the cruise was 250 more. As you can tell from my cruise history, I too like Carnival, but I have taken my blinders off and I look for cruise VALUE, which is why I chose Carnival in the first place over 25 years ago and it's why my last and my next cruise are both on Celebrity because of the free included drinks package.

All I was doing was educating you about other options that are available. If you only wish to drink from the Carnival stream, that is entirely your option. Happy cruising. ;)

The cost of the Cheers program will put you back 400 per person over 7 days, so you would save 150 if the cruise was 250 more. As you can tell from my cruise history, I too like Carnival, but I have taken my blinders off and I look for cruise VALUE, which is why I chose Carnival in the first place over 25 years ago and it's why my last and my next cruise are both on Celebrity because of the free included drinks package.

All I was doing was educating you about other options that are available. If you only wish to drink from the Carnival stream, that is entirely your option. Happy cruising. ;)

Some people, me included, are fine with only one cruise line. If you want to expand your horizons with other cruise lines, that's fine to. But I've done mock bookings on other cruise lines, and more often than not, even with the cheers, carnival is still cheaper. We don't know if the above posters cruise was 7 days, might have been less. They also said the travel costs were more to a different port. You have to look at it all.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

And the wife will be platinum after next cruise. I would bet that we would try another line sooner or later, but, there is a level of familiarity and port access costs that change the game.

And, Actually, the equivalent non-obstructed balcony room is 1159 pp vs 749 which is a proie difference of the bev pkg, but celebrity allows 5$ beers and 8 dollar wines and mixed drinks