A very lengthy review of Carnival Miracle 2/10/13 with TONS of PICTURES

BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy -- I posted this on the customer service thread, but I thought I'd put it over here as well...

If you have already done this I apologize, but I think you might get a better response by detailing your concerns in a (snail mail) letter. I had what were to me big concerns on both the Voyager and the Grand Princess, and I sent letters following each trip. It took awhile, but in both cases I received a satisfactory response from the cruise line. I didn't receive any kind of monetary compensation...that wasn't really what I was looking for. I just wanted acknowledgement that the problems existed and steps would be taken to correct the issues.

Fantastic suggestion Cindy. Thank you!

That's what I was going to say. One sorry looking rose! When did you unduct tape the door? Did you tell Hotel supervisor?

About the rose? No. I didnt want to talk to guest services anymore. I just left it alone.

I unductaped (thats pretty funny typing out) the door on day 5 after realizing they weren't going to do anything about it. My wife came out of the bathroom and said "You should have taken a picture first" and she was right. Bummer. It was the sorriest looking thing youve ever seen. You would have expected to see it in a sleezy motel.

Just wear the stained pants!

I would have if they weren't sticky as well!

Can't believe with the 1000's of people there Disney looks so clean. Cities need to hire them to keep cities clean and buiild roads. Roads to Disney were done in weeks, not months like we suffer in Tampa taking YEARS!

You are so right. They are great with that!

Glad the commedians were good. I had 2 really bad ones. Walked out a few times (with many others).

If something is not cooked to your satisfaction, tell them to cook it longer.

I did. They told me that they dont have a broiler to melt the cheese. I was a little confused by that but OK.

Your pics are fabulous!

Thank you! :)

It appears she was waiting for you to spell out exactly what you were hoping for. I don't believe she was willing to offer anything for your inconvenience etc. If/when a Carnival rep returns your call, may I suggest you be more clear as to what you are looking for. You may need to say exactly what you want. Just my two cents.. Thanks again for the review.

I was actually trying to AVOID saying what I wanted, because I wanted to see how well they are trained. I guess I got my answer.

Perhaps it is where I come or the fact that I was raised to do the right thing or maybe just the fact that I am a customer service manager, maybe I have higher standards.

Buffet foot..YIKES! I thought to myself Carnival has taken the Didja Ever Menu to new heights. :D

Thank you for your honest review. We still enjoy Carnival, but the Allure of the Seas was our favorite trip so far. Give the Oasis or the Allure a try.

Oh no!!! Not buffet foot!! lol, good catch.

Oasis is next for us!

Great Review.

We had a horrible experience on Mainer of the Seas and havent been back to RCCL since, because they really blew us off.

Now we mostly sail Holland Americas two newest ships, (believe you me, they really make things right when things go very wrong) NCL and looking forward to the Sunshine.

I think you may be mistaken in this case. This flower was definitely wilted and dying. Here is a picture of the rose I paid for next to the free rose they gave away at dinner. The free rose looks much better.

11277_971747638487_1233715262_n.jpg

644432_971747878007_958619177_n.jpg

I just dont see how stripping away of petals could have saved this.

Umm.... That other flower is a carnation, a very cheap flower. Your rose, on the other hand, was definitely dying. To what extent, I don't know, but the nice looking one was a carnation, cheap and easy to care for. But otherwise, great review. I look forward to more.

Umm.... That other flower is a carnation, a very cheap flower. Your rose, on the other hand, was definitely dying. To what extent, I don't know, but the nice looking one was a carnation, cheap and easy to care for. But otherwise, great review. I look forward to more.

I think I would have rather taken the carnation then. Although I suppose its sort of a metaphor for Carnival and other Cruise lines. Carnival is "supposed" to be as good or better based on decades of greatness, but it just looks dead next to the other not as flashy but healthy lines.

Enjoyed the review and I'm not going to say " sorry " as I'm sure you have heard and read that enough. I will say customer service is lacking with Carnival and has been for quite some time. I could go into detail but by now with your dealings with customer service, I'm sure you get the concept of what carnival will offer their customers.

It's sad to see Carnival product degraded in this fashion , but thats what you can expect from Carnival in the future.

Happy Sails .

Enjoyed the review and I'm not going to say " sorry " as I'm sure you have heard and read that enough. I will say customer service is lacking with Carnival and has been for quite some time. I could go into detail but by now with your dealings with customer service, I'm sure you get the concept of what carnival will offer their customers.

It's sad to see Carnival product degraded in this fashion , but thats what you can expect from Carnival in the future.

Happy Sails .

Bummer seeing a once proud company fall to pieces.

Also a bummer seeing those defend, defend, defend the company that is falling to pieces. At some point you have to admit and move on.

Ok. I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post pictures of someone else, but these guys specifically did these pictures for others to laugh at so i'm assuming its OK. If its not, please feel free to remove these pictures mods.

These pictures had everyone who walked past them laughing their butt off!

377606_971736675457_1258290420_n.jpg

66689_971736655497_469683011_n.jpg

I'm surprised they didn't catch you taking a pix of the pix. Photogs got no money from you for this.

No problem. We had cabin 4114. Rooms on both sides of us did NOT have our issues so those are safe to go with!

Noooo! I have this room for a cruise 2 weeks from now! Ugh. R the bolts hard to undo? Did the room steward rebolt when he noticed? Any insights would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Noooo! I have this room for a cruise 2 weeks from now! Ugh. R the bolts hard to undo? Did the room steward rebolt when he noticed? Any insights would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Nope! He never ordered for it to be done again while I was on there. I left the right hand side door bolted though, so if you want both open get ready for some work. Hopefully they wont re-duct tape it for you. Let us know what happens.

Nope! He never ordered for it to be done again while I was on there. I left the right hand side door bolted though, so if you want both open get ready for some work. Hopefully they wont re-duct tape it for you. Let us know what happens.

Thanks! What did u use to unbolt it?

Thanks! What did u use to unbolt it?

Maybe the doors have been fixed by now or by the time you cruise IJS!

Great review.

Have fun on the Oasis, I didn't like the food in the windjammer. MDR dining food was very bland. I loved everything but the food. Double check your reservations for all of your specialty dining and shows. Twice I was told that we didn't book at certain times for the comedy show and dinner reservations were never made for Chops.

i can do nothing but laugh at you. your expecting something in return for something that you did not comply with there rules. i can understand about the doors in the room that did not open but it happens. not fun but it does happen. In my opinon you went on this carnival cruise with a negative attitude towards them and expected the worst and looked for it & found it instead of just enjoying your trip. if you wanted gourmet breakfast you should have went to the MDR instead of going to the buffet everyday and complaining about it. who goes on an 8 day cruise with to elegant nite and a specialty restaurant with only 1 pair of dress pants and does not know about laundry services?

Ok, thank you.

Maybe the doors have been fixed by now or by the time you cruise IJS!

Great review.

Have fun on the Oasis, I didn't like the food in the windjammer. MDR dining food was very bland. I loved everything but the food. Double check your reservations for all of your specialty dining and shows. Twice I was told that we didn't book at certain times for the comedy show and dinner reservations were never made for Chops.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Reservations have to be made for the comedy club on the Oasis? Do they fill up quickly? Thanks!

and for taking the time to write a review, and for clearing up the mystery over the ice carving! It's great to see photos as I'm booked on Miracle to Alaska later this year. (I had actually done in-depth research on Princess but bookings in Europe opened up several weeks later than in North America and the promised call from a Princess rep never materialised; they must have gone to the same Carnival customer services school as the person you've been dealing with). Still, the ports and scenery will be the same whichever ship I'm on and I got the exact itinerary I was after, at a good price. Mind you, I'm very disappointed by the look of the so-called grilled cheese sandwich!

Archived