Buckingham Palace & Royal Mews

Chesie

Hi everyone,

We will be visiting both and wondering which exhibit we should see first? We have from 1:30pm on to see both. Heard there is an "order" to view so you reduce walking and back tracking? If anyone has any comments, would greatly appreciate it!

I think it is overblown, but I believe accepted wisdom is to do the Mews first, as they are close to the entrance for the Palace (I assume you are doing the State Rooms tour?). When you leave the Palace you go all the way through the west 'garden' and exit on to another street. But it is only round the corner, really - 5 minutes away? The entrances and exit are marked on the map on this page:

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/visit/buckinghampalace/plan-your-visit/how-to-get-there

Another factor to bear in mind is that there is a cafe in the Palace Garden, if you want to include refreshments.

And also be aware that if you are visiting when the State Rooms are open, there are likely to be only a couple of horse, if any, in the Mews - the Royal Family is not in residence, so they are not required. The State Coaches and some vehicles will be there, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived