Question on Corkage Fee

RedLightVegas

I've never brought my own bottle of wine on board but will be doing that this time on NCL. I noticed theres a $15 corkage fee. Is that just if you dine in one of the restaurants with it or do you have to pay that regardless?

Like if we bring our own wine and remove the cork ourselves and drink the wine in our room or balcony, do we still have to pay?

I've never brought my own bottle of wine on board but will be doing that this time on NCL. I noticed theres a $15 corkage fee. Is that just if you dine in one of the restaurants with it or do you have to pay that regardless?

Like if we bring our own wine and remove the cork ourselves and drink the wine in our room or balcony, do we still have to pay?

Yes

You pay for the corkage fee after you go through security. There is a desk. (make sure you bring it in your carry-on). They put a sticker on it. You are then free to take it anywhere on the ship. If you bring it to dinner give it to your waiter and they will open and pour it for you. If you don't finish it take the rest with you. You would have to open it yourself to drink in your cabin....Enjoy.

The $15 fee (for each 750 ml bottle-- bigger bottles cost more) is charged to your account even before you get onboard. Right after the xray of your carry-on is a table where you declare your wine. Stickers are then put on each bottle, indicating you paid the fee. FYI, the restaurant servers get a piece of that fee for turning in bottle stickers. We drank a bottle in our room, but still brought the sticker to our favorite waitress, who was very appreciative.

that is normal size bottle the 1.5L are $30 and yes you can drink it anyplace, but you must no matter where.

Funny we got there early last trip and no one was there to pay the corkage too, they sent us and a lot others trough and never did charge us. We had 4 bottles. I drank them mostly in the cabin and on deck, not using servers. I did buy wine package for the dinners.

When you board they usually have a table set up offering a Wine Package,in the main lobby. It will save you about 20-25%, then you can do what ever you wish. Should you not finish the bottle :eek:, in any dinning room, you can either take it with you, or they will place a sticker on it, give you a tag, next time you can have it brought to you. :cool: No corkage fee. ;)

Hope this help's , enjoy your cruise.

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

Please list the number of

bottles for your selection

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

What happens if we see something at a port that we wish to buy. We would not drink it on board but take it home.

They will take it , and you would get it back on your last night, like any liquor that is purchased.

Yes, you will have to pay the corkage fee no matter where you consume the wine. It has nothing to do with removing the cork from the bottle.

Ha. I actually had to look up what exactly the corkage fee was. Sorry, I'm a beer and liquor person. I don't do wine, but I have taken a liking to moscato and nothing else so we we're going to bring a couple of bottles of that on board but I might as well just buy them onboard.

FYI, the restaurant servers get a piece of that fee for turning in bottle stickers. We drank a bottle in our room, but still brought the sticker to our favorite waitress, who was very appreciative.

Good to know, thanks.

Archived