RCCL introduce Automatic Wage subsidy in Australia

Mikey22

I personally think the people who shout the loudest on the subject and the ones telling others to tip, suggesting the amoung and becoming abusive to those that do not tip are usually the tightest and the ones that do not tip themselves. That is my honest opinion. Its like the murderer who keeps professing his innocence.

I was on facebook today and someone shared a photo on their profile about the economics in America. I think the story probably an political propagenda invention kind of relates to the views between those who are for the automatic system and those who are against it.

I will copy and paste it here:

I copied that from the photo doing the rounds on facebook. As you can see it gets into the mindset of the American system and how their tipping culture works. To me it indicates the ones who do not like auto tipping are the ones that think the service will drop if all share in the tip. Then there are those who think individuals should be rewarded for their performance.

I only copied this because I think it gets directly into the mindset of the pro and anti auto tipping debate.

I'm sorry Sutho but the quote you have posted has absolutely nothing to do with what you refer to as the 'mindset of the American system'.

It is blatant political propaganda and has no place in this forum.

cheers

Stu

I'm sorry Sutho but the quote you have posted has absolutely nothing to do with what you refer to as the 'mindset of the American system'.

It is blatant political propaganda and has no place in this forum.

cheers

Stu

It has a lot to do with their mindset on tipping. I know it is their political propeganda, but it gets to the core of how these people think. They do not pay their workers like we do and seem to think that they would get lousy and poor service if every worker was on the same level of pay and not on a reward based system. They see tipping as a reward based system of pay. Enough said. I hate American politics but this scenarios sums up how these people think.

It has a lot to do with their mindset on tipping. I know it is their political propeganda, but it gets to the core of how these people think. They do not pay their workers like we do and seem to think that they would get lousy and poor service if every worker was on the same level of pay and not on a reward based system. They see tipping as a reward based system of pay. Enough said. I hate American politics but this scenarios sums up how these people think.

I suspect many know how people think.

It's the same with politics, that many know that there are strong 'x' fans and strong 'y' fans, and stuff they post is typically biased one way. It doesn't explain, justify or add anything to post their propaganda though.

I suspect many know how people think.

It's the same with politics, that many know that there are strong 'x' fans and strong 'y' fans, and stuff they post is typically biased one way. It doesn't explain, justify or add anything to post their propaganda though.

I posted it for reference. It is a common theme that we get people posting saying that standards will drop if all share in the tip pool.

Whilst I disagree with the story's philosiphy. If all employees were paid a decent wage, poor performers would simply be fired instead of remain employed to be carried by other workers.

Too many jobs are reward based in America and it starts with the top with company directors taking a cut of the profits, much the same as tipping people in the service industry. I dont think anything will chang their employment system and they will continue to try and impose it on the rest of the world.

I agree its the same argument over and over. Why does a waiter deserve any greater tip for pouring a $50 bottle of wine compared to a $10 bottle of wine. Why does a waiter deserve a greater tip for serving a $100 plate of steak compared to serving $10 worth of fish and chips.

The arguments and philosiphys about the tipping culture will go round in circles. I am just glad we live in Australia where people are paid a decent wage. Poor performers are fired and earn the ire of other colleagues who will refuse to carry them.

In essence that story I copied is flawed as it fails to take in punishment and consequences for poor performance.

Archived