Sending a parcel to one of the P&O ships ??

Tizzy

If anyone out there knows how to get a parcel out to a relative working on a P&O ship would they be kind enough to let me know please ?

Our son has had two disasters. He has had his phone stolen in Uruguay and is trying to work in a pair of shoes minus their soles. He can't get a replacement pair in his size where he is at the moment so I somehow need to get a pair out to him. Any ideas welcomed.

On a recent cruise from Southampton, I saw a P&O box addressed to a member of staff on Ventura. It was to be left in Barbados pending Ventura's arrival back there. Not sure if that would be any good to you as it sounds like your son's ship is not going to regular ports of call.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I will ring the office to check the correct procedure.

The ship is somewhere near Chile so not sure how they send mail to the Staff or passengers. Living overseas doesn't help either ! Not got access to the shops I want to visit.

Hello Sharon

Thanks for the advice. Sorry I have not replied sooner.

I have sent a parcel via Carnival House as it was a bit of an emergency.

I just hope the shoes get to him sometime soon. I am out of contact with my son as his phone was stolen, but I check the webcam each day to see where the ship is heading next.

I hope Your Son receives his parcel soon.

Poor guy must be in pain.

A good fitting pair of shoes is very important.

I would ring pando, inform them that you have to send your son a parcel and they will give you the Port Agent, (Shipping Company representive) address and phone numbers.

I do hope all works out well.

Hello Libra Lynn

Shoes are not an easy thing to get for someone else so I just hope they fit ! Yes I must ring P&O and explain. I have been ill and am only just getting myself organised again. I am not sure why the sole came off but why is it things always happen when you can't get to the shops.

Not sure what department your son is in but send his parcel to his personnel contact at Carnival House and ask them to put it in the 'Doc Box'. If you send it yourself to a port agent it can often not make it on time especially if it's one of the more remote ones.

Hello Mrs Nobby

Thanks for your advice.

I think I got in a bit of a panic as I wanted to get new shoes to our son as quickly as possible. I have sent cards and letters to Carnival House and they have always got to him, so ordered via Amazon and fingers crossed they get to him quickly as working in broken shoes can't be much fun ! I think Adonia is in Chile at the moment. Not the best place to go shopping for shoes.

Thanks for your good wishes Libra Lynn. I had bronchitis but am on the mend now.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like you have it all sorted now, but for reference you need to address it to him along with his employee number (6 digits) and job title, with ship name, then send care of carnival house. Although the one time I have done this is took about 4 weeks to arrive!

ANYONE FOUND SOME LOST SHOES !!!!!

Thanks for your reply RiaKMartin.

Unfortunately the shoes in question have disappeared off the face of the earth and my son finished his contract on Adonia in Barbados on Sunday.

Goodness only knows where they have ended up, but certainly not on my son's very sore feet. The parcel was addressed adequately but he may well have missed it at one of the South American Ports. They were decent leather shoes so I do hope they turn up eventually.

Archived