You've been on the Oasis Class - Now What?

Hello!

I always get so much information from these boards - so thanks in advance!!

I'm trying to plan next year's cruise for DH and I - the past two years have been on the Oasis (we went again this year because we didn't see/do all we wanted to the first go around). I'm looking at an 8 day on the Independence because I think it would be great to have an extra night and we've yet to sail the Freedom class. At the same time we loved the Oasis so much that the Allure is also an option.

My question is, have you been on the Oasis class and loved it - then while you're on other ships find yourself comparing the two? We're to the point where we cruise just to get away and not necessarily the stops (so the ship is more of a "destination")... does anyone have any feedback? Would you choose the extra night on Indy vs the Allure?

Thanks! :D

Kelly

When we did the Oasis, we did it for the ship and were actually able to do everything we were interested in.

We've since been on the Adventure and Brilliance, and we are about ready to board the Liberty. We primarily cruise for the ports, so Helsinki or Cannes (as examples) have more appeal than a Boardwalk or Central Park. :)

If you are simply choosing for the ship, and the price isn't that big of a difference, I'd say do the Allure.

All I can say is we too have sailed Oasis twice and are sailing Indpendence 8 day eastern this March. We like each ship class for different reasons - and have been fortunate in our cruising life to have sailed on at least one ship in each RCI class, and several in some classes. Itineraries, who we are sailing with, and what departure ports are as important to us as what the ship is. But we do sail Oasis class more for those ships (and if we are with family, for example) and itineraries for others. However, we don't find ourselves comparing ships so much as just enjoying the cruise - and appreciate the differnent ships for their differences.

Done the oasis class (Allure) and absolutely loved it, did not have enough time to sample all the goods (just too many options), like a kid running around in the Candy store. Would I do it again, yes, but also there are so many out there, like the Reflection which just started sailing here in this part of the world, and we will see this beautiful ship in less than 2 months. :)

We just booked the newly refurbished Serenade of the Seas for March in 2014, going back to a smaller ship so we can just relax and not having to worry about checking everything out.

All I can say is we too have sailed Oasis twice and are sailing Indpendence 8 day eastern this March. We like each ship class for different reasons - and have been fortunate in our cruising life to have sailed on at least one ship in each RCI class, and several in some classes. Itineraries, who we are sailing with, and what departure ports are as important to us as what the ship is. But we do sail Oasis class more for those ships (and if we are with family, for example) and itineraries for others. However, we don't find ourselves comparing ships so much as just enjoying the cruise - and appreciate the differnent ships for their differences.

That's a good way to look at it that I didn't think of (appreciating the different ships for their differences)! :)

Done the oasis class (Allure) and absolutely loved it, did not have enough time to sample all the goods (just too many options), like a kid running around in the Candy store. Would I do it again, yes, but also there are so many out there, like the Reflection which just started sailing here in this part of the world, and we will see this beautiful ship in less than 2 months. :)

We just booked the newly refurbished Serenade of the Seas for March in 2014, going back to a smaller ship so we can just relax and not having to worry about checking everything out.

I should add the Reflection to our list, that looks awesome too! You'll have to let me know how it is once you return! :)

Hello!

I always get so much information from these boards - so thanks in advance!!

I'm trying to plan next year's cruise for DH and I - the past two years have been on the Oasis (we went again this year because we didn't see/do all we wanted to the first go around). I'm looking at an 8 day on the Independence because I think it would be great to have an extra night and we've yet to sail the Freedom class. At the same time we loved the Oasis so much that the Allure is also an option.

My question is, have you been on the Oasis class and loved it - then while you're on other ships find yourself comparing the two? We're to the point where we cruise just to get away and not necessarily the stops (so the ship is more of a "destination")... does anyone have any feedback? Would you choose the extra night on Indy vs the Allure?

Thanks! :D

Kelly

Since you are from Mass why not try the Explorer? It has many things to do. [ice skating, inline skating, mini golf, etc] The promenade is nice, too. Of course it is no where nearly as big as Oasis. It has more sea days and costs less money.

You can be more spontaneous. No need to reserve times--except get tickets to ice show.

Since you can drive and park at the port--it is a bargain.

Since you are from Mass why not try the Explorer? It has many things to do. [ice skating, inline skating, mini golf, etc] The promenade is nice, too. Of course it is no where nearly as big as Oasis. It has more sea days and costs less money.

You can be more spontaneous. No need to reserve times--except get tickets to ice show.

Since you can drive and park at the port--it is a bargain.

I didn't even look for ports around us (we've always gone to FL if we're cruising in the winter)... I'm adding the Explorer to our list too! Thanks so much!!

Kelly,

I am surprised you didn't do the Allure while you already sailed on Oasis once, for reason of different shows.

The way my vacation time fell this year was the reason - I had to be back to work on Monday Jan 28th and I like to make sure I put a day between when we get back from a cruise and when I go back to work ;)

We've been on Oasis twice and Allure once. Since then we have been on Celebrity Eclipse and Summit, Majesty, Serenade and Freedom of the Seas twice .

Honestly, as much as we enjoyed Oasis and Allure, we still had wonderful cruises on the other ships and didn't miss Oasis and Allure. I would say jump out there and enjoy the different classes of ships that Royal (or other lines offer) and have a great time. Every ship has it's own personality. :D

ENJOY!

Archived