Collapsible cooler recommendation please

tasmith09

I use the Thermos 24 Can Element 5 Cooler. It is not collapsible, but it has a liner that prevents leaking like most collapsible coolers do. Worked out great, and did not have to keep a towel under it in the cabin, or set it in the shower due to leaking or sweating.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-24-Can-Element-Cooler/dp/B004Z5CGLC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361628961&sr=8-2&keywords=cooler+liner

I use the Thermos 24 Can Element 5 Cooler. It is not collapsible, but it has a liner that prevents leaking like most collapsible coolers do. Worked out great, and did not have to keep a towel under it in the cabin, or set it in the shower due to leaking or sweating.

From Amazon:

24 Can cooler measures
by 9 by 11-1/2-Inches

While a nice cooler, it exceeds CCL size limits. Be prepared to have it confiscated and be out the $22 it cost.

From Amazon:

24 Can cooler measures
by 9 by 11-1/2-Inches

While a nice cooler, it exceeds CCL size limits. Be prepared to have it confiscated and be out the $22 it cost.

As I said, I used this on my last cruise, the Carnival Fascination, no problem. I did not see anyone with rulers out checking the dimensions.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-24-Can-Element-Cooler/dp/B004Z5CGLC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361628961&sr=8-2&keywords=cooler+liner

We take a large (gallon size) heavy duty zip lock bag to keep the ice in in our cooler. It helps contain the melted ice so there's less leaking.

From Amazon:

24 Can cooler measures
by 9 by 11-1/2-Inches

If the cooler has been kept collapsed and in your suitcase until you get to your cabin, and you don't take it out of your cabin, it shouldn't be a problem. I don't believe the cabin steward is going to get a ruler and measure your cooler.

As I said, I used this on my last cruise, the Carnival Fascination, no problem. I did not see anyone with rulers out checking the dimensions.

I also had a cooler that was 12 x 12 x 12 1/2 and used it twice but on the 3rd time it was confiscated so I would not buy anything out of specs as they will takeit eventually. This time I bought a collapsible from walmart online it was under $30 and can fit in my suitcase. We will carry on the water & sodas and then set up the cooler in cabin. Not chancing it again because the one they took was a 50.00 cooler.

We bring a cooler with a hard plastic liner as well.

I fill the liner with clothes, so it is solid. Then pack it in the center of my suitcase. Takes up virtually no room.

Archived